Specific quests refuse to comply with console commands

Rubicon83

Excuse my frustrated outburst, but... GAAAAAAAH!!!!

I don't get it! I tampered with the console, using the "resetquest"-command on the quest "Ansilvund", and now i am trying to set the whole quest as completed again, but nothing works.

I have tried these commands:

"completequest dunansilvundqst"
"setstage dunansilvundqst <0 - 100>"
"startquest dunansilvundqst"
"setstagecompleted dunansilvundqst <0 - 100> 1"

(the variables within < > are the range of different queststages i have tried, all of them researched and legit)

None of these commands do anyhing at all, except acknowledging the command and moving it up in the list; it doeasn't show any type of message that i have done something wrong or input the wrong text
I check the stages with "sqs dunansilvundqst" and all the 0s still remain 0s no matter what command i try.

I might also tell you that i have the same problem with other quests as well. Dungeon quests such as dunansilvundqst and dunrebelscairnqst seem to be the most immutable, but other quests like da09 and favor109 are also tough to change, at least using setstage. "Completequest da09 500" finally made me complete the Breaking of Dawn quest, but still.. this has proven too problematic.

What gives? :O

Perhaps i should explain my urgency. I am currently in the works of preparing to start a completely new game, but i dont want to have to do all the quests all over again, because that would just seriously obliterate my motivation. The reason for starting over is so i can use a certain mod which has been explicitly stated not to work with any savegames created before installation.. so i am trying to learn about ways to complete the quests i've already done via the console (obviously also using the additem-command to add certain questrewards, keys and stuff like that; as well as levelling up to my current level with incpcs and distributing my perks according to my current layout, adding shouts with teachword and unlockword to mimic what i have accomplished so far in regards to shouts, etc etc etc.... in effect, recreating my current character exactly in a whole fresh save from the start)

So, how can i do this, you guys? :sad: i am at a loss here. What seems to be the problem? I dont get it.

Edited by Rubicon83

Using the console to complete quests often causes more problems.

I suggest you look through the save games files on the mod side of the Nexus to find a save game that matches your needs (questlines completed), then make changes to your character to reflect your perks, stats, and appearance.

Using the console to complete quests often causes more problems.

I suggest you look through the save games files on the mod side of the Nexus to find a save game that matches your needs (questlines completed), then make changes to your character to reflect your perks, stats, and appearance.

Thank you for your advice :) however, i just want to learn and then experiement at my own risk.

I'd really like to know why certain quests are unresponsive when prompted to progress with the "setstage"-command. (or any other quest-related command really)

Could it be that certain mods may interfere with vanilla quests so that console commands aren't acknowledged? I've slowly started to suspect that, however, i don't really see how that could work.