A New Daedric Prince

zprospero

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rather looking for NPCs. If we include the Nerevarine, and they speak, then we will have to create several duplicates of each line depending on the particular race, and whether or not the character is male or female. Maybe as a passing reference,

you walk past them in non-temporal space, for some reason, and it's mentioned more like "Oh, that's the Nerevarine. (Or 'somebody that did something important once, I think') Moving on..." but either would require a great deal of personal customization, which of course could be done, but it's a lot of work.

Any other people you miss from Morrowind (or maybe would like to kill)?

I was rather looking for NPCs. If we include the Nerevarine, and they speak, then we will have to create several duplicates of each line depending on the particular race, and whether or not the character is male or female. Maybe as a passing reference,

you walk past them in non-temporal space, for some reason, and it's mentioned more like "Oh, that's the Nerevarine. (Or 'somebody that did something important once, I think') Moving on..." but either would require a great deal of personal customization, which of course could be done, but it's a lot of work.

Any other people you miss from Morrowind (or maybe would like to kill)?

The Argonian Hides-his-Eyes. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Haj-Ei

He was freaking awesome.

@kieranfoy

Seems doable enough. The only problem would be that when some people played Morrowind

they may have killed him, we'll have Ealdor allude to the possibility of him being killed, or having

been killed. Perhaps as a follower of Ouroboros?

Any others?

P.S.

Ealdor's Sanctum is mostly finished. Here are several images along with

a Read Me file to explain some of the design choices. Please share your thoughts.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/22647621/aa7e55...Prince_Mod.html

woow this looks incredible, man!

C'mon let it go, I didn't play Morrowind and I'm anxious to know wich characters you want to put in. Since now every apparition seems to fit the lore perfectly and gives the story some more depth, I'm sure this two you've choosen won't be an exception.

About the plot twist I was suggesting, you're the lore masters here, I only make suggestions for the storyline, but this can/should be adapted to the TES lore and Tamriel history. I remind vaguely the quest from Nocturnal so if you say she's soft then lets her stills being so. I simply was trying to add a new dimension to the story by two means: first adding a bizarre love story with the daedra that could lead Ealdor to act (more) incoherently (you know, even men out of time could end up doing strange things for a woman), and second, by adding some more complexity making that even within those that support Ealdor there's different 'preferences' about his ascension. Perhaps those that help Ealdor are clear in their intentions, but there's some other daedra not happy with that that will try to fool and deceive the player. About the 'love story' the important thing maybe is not the romance itself but rather it's an excuse to add some more randomness to the story (the way I see it, Ealdor seems to me to be quite cold-thinking, that could be his major weakness, or not if that doesn't fit your concept about him).

And yeah probably if those guys were previous to the existence of the stars and the aedra then better not place them there and seek other victims, I don't think he needs to torture excesivelly his victims, leaving them frozen eternaly sounds like a big pain. If you could make those NPC could move only his eyes and look at the player when he's near that would be incredible, as it would give the impression that they can't move but they are still able to think and feel (feeling pain and an eternal boredom).

Laibach - WE ARE TIME! The sound is horrible and it's nothing that really helps the mod, simply I love how they mix this kind of epic solemnity and absurd satire, and it's kinda an appropiate theme for the mod, don't you think? :P (before anyone says something about it, the nazi-looking stuff is only part of the show, so don't take it seriously, they don't!)

Lol I agree, Ocato is creepy. He could totally be Tharn. And the only reason he was so happy that the hero defeated Dagon is because he didn't have to share his power with him and is now the ruler of Tamriel again, maybe he even planned to use the player to eliminate Dagon from square one, using his powers to give the emperor visions of you and the oblivion gates opening, then he struck his deal with Dagon so that the Mythic Dawn would hunt down the emperor and his heirs and the emperor would come to you, his ace in the hole, for help. So the entire main questline could have been orchestrated by Ocato (Tharn) to gain the empire and throw Dagon out of the picture when he was no longer useful. And then you kill the little weasel and create a god. :biggrin:

then there's gotta be some way to totally anihillate him so he can never come back. maybe its just the heart thing. or maye by killing him in favor of Ourobouros, he gets sent to the space between time or something nasty like that.

dagondagon1 raises a good point. However, Ocato can still be possessed by Jagar Tharn. Perhaps Ealdor, or the player, will discover a non-lethal means of exorcising Tharn from Ocato, who will retain no memory of the fact that he was possessed. (i.e. no new dialogue for him) Tharn will then transfer himself to a new body, a character spawned by this mod, which you can kill an rip out his heart then.

All right, I'll tell you the two guests from Morrowind I plan to incorporate.

My first choice is impossible since Bethesda has made it illegal to port anything

from Morrowind. My first choice being Yagrum Bagarn. Oh, well.

The two I do plan to incorporate are:

Sotha Sil (I have dibs on his voice work), who seemed like he'd be really interesting to

talk to and I was sad when I reached the end of Tribunal because he seemed like the only

one of them I wouldn't want dead. Additionally, his appearance (before adding all the machinery)

is not really established, so we can do as we like.

Divayth Fyr, my favorite person in all of Morrowind. I haven't quite thought of why but he seems

a natural choice for Ealdor to consult with.

Sotha Sil and Divayth will both have their own personal reasons and bargain with Ealdor for helping him,

(the wizards in this game always seem to have their own agendas) Sotha is also the only person with intimate

knowledge of the original Heart of Lorkhan except Kagrenac, who Ealdor will explain did a magnificent job of

blowing the dwarves out of existence (in this universe, at least).

When the Ascension Ceremony takes place, part of it will be embodying the nature of a daedra, by committing an

act of creation and an act of destruction. Sotha Sil and Ealdor will use their powers to destroy the spirit of Jagar Tharn

forever, and act of great destruction, and the Ealdor will do something I haven't thought of yet for the other part.

Tharn will be destroyed permanently when Ealdor ascends (in the same manner the dwarves were, actually).

Also, yes, the whole torture showroom was just a creative way

to work in armor displays to be honest. I may abandon it.

How do people feel about Bob, Ealdor's dremora herald/butler?