⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

A New Daedric Prince

zprospero

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ krimzin: hey man I'm not talking about ambition, I'm talking about RESOLUTION. Even small and humble ideas might become great mods, eventhough those mods are small and humble too they also might be great, what matters is that there's a clear and nice idea beyond them and that someone actualy makes them!

@ zprospero: I also miss a delay or sleep function to halt the script but not, that can't be done. There's a workaround that worked for me, but it's only for quest scripts. Assuming you run the script each frame and that you have the line with set fQuestDelayTime to 0.001 on top of your script, you may create a block for your 'special action' and at the end of that block, set the fQuestDelayTime variable to 1 or the amount of time you want it to halt and then return. It seems it's pretty accurate.

If it's an object or spell script then you have to create a timer, count the fractions of seconds it is running, and add a simple If block kinda 'do once' to check when the timer reaches the desired amount (of time).

@ sinisterassassin: there are several links in this thread to the uesp wiki: UESP Wiki - Lore. That site is amazing, I didn't know the history of Tamriel and it's people lore was so complete until I went there :P There's really a lot of interesting stuff there.

My only one suggestion is...

Not after the main quest...

But after Hermaous Mora's quest.

To do that quest it is main quest and all the deadric quests.

It just seems to me a bit more likely that if you hold the favor of -all- the worshipped deadric princes (except mehrunes) you'll be a favorable choice in the longer scheme of things to aid the birth of the new prince (or become one yourself etc)

Just adding my opinion...

@Kamoba

Yes, I've been thinking about that and I think you're right. I've also been debating how to handle the relationship the Shivering Isles quest.

If you are already Sheogorath, then asking his favor will be a little awkward. We might do what they did with Sheogorath's daedric quest and

make you talk to Haskell instead, who will do things on your behalf.

*nods* The only problem would be finding someone who can imitate not only his voice, but his "personality" too, it was a fantastic voice actor they pulled out for him...

By the way, if you want a hand with story writing let me know.

I doupt it though, you seem to have a pretty well thought out idea on your hands :)

I know we'll probably never be able to do this, but it would be awesome.

The original (pre-murder) Sotha Sil

(Sorry, attachment threshold. See screenshots)

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...ail&id=7621

Sadly, we'll probably have to go with his original Dunmer body, but if any one

is willing mesh his mask (this model is from morrowind and therefore illegal to port)

we will thank you a lot.

@Kamoba

If you get any ideas please share them, it's the intermediate things I never seem to

flesh out very well, so any help is appreciated. We need some less grueling mission ideas, too,

since I think we've gotten the epic missions all planned.

Haskell's voice actor did have a perfect delivery. So much of these stories are strengthened by well

developed characters. Who played the Dark Brotherhood quest and didn't talk to the blood-thirsty Orc

before every mission?

I just realized something while trying to make the raining books. If I do the MoveTo function I'll need to make

an enormous number of persistent references. Is there any way we can make this loop to summon the books?

I've tried it the hard way and limited it to 100 books, but when the books are moved their collision data is ignored.

They won't fall down at all, just hang up their until you bump into them.

Okay, I've got the book trap working. I decided to go ahead and do it the long way.

It rains 200 books down on you, and kills you faster. I may add more, but it looks good already.

The EssentialDeathReload killed you instantly, before the books were even moved, so I used my addSpell method.

Here's a look at a finished piece of Apocrypha and the effect of being 'booked.' :biggrin:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/23433884/fc9885f0/Apocrypha.html