Frame rate decreases over time, fixed on restart.

I have a rather strange issue where the frame rate will just gradually go down over time. For example, at the start of the game (I just installed and started a new game) I obviously spent a while in Goodsprings; as I left Doc Mitchell's house I was doing +60fps but after about an hour the same view gave me about 45fps. There doesn't seem to be a correlation with the weather from Nevada Skies. I save the game and restart, and it is back to +60fps! Could this be a memory issue? I am running quite a lot of mods including LARGE NMC texture pack, Poco Bueno, MG neat clutter and EWI. No ENB. I am using the 4gb patch however.

Thanks in advance :)

It's normal, and yes, it is related to memory. You shouldn't be so concerned about FPS (unless it's alarmingly low) - it only ruins your experience. Turn that thing off and simply enjoy the game. Objectively, there is no noticeable difference between 45fps and 60fps.

25fps is about as far as what the average human brain can process.

FPS opinions aside...

I used to get that too, I'm not sure what causes it exactly. I recommend you use the latest NVSR and this problem should go away, at least it did for me. I use to get horrible lag after awhile when opening my inventory or containers also. I might also recommend using the latest NVSE beta and enabling the initial heap size fix.

In the Data\\NVSE folder create a file called nvse_config.ini (the instructions have a different filename which is actually incorrect) and add this to it.

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=384

This will also help with memory issues and may affect the slowdowns.

What should I do with the tick count? That seems to be a whole section which is disabled by default; should I enable it? I also saw 'iHeapSize', which is set to 250. Should I change that to 384 like with the NVSE fix?

Is the multicore tweak the same as the Fallout 3 one?

By the way I should mention that in 13 hours I haven't had a single crash.

I set the heap size to 256 myself because I like even numbers in terms of RAM. I don't think it's necessary to mess with that. All you can do with the tick count and other settings is try them and see if they work or are stable for you.

I also set the maxfps in NVSR to 60 and min to 10.

Yeah I think the multicore ini tweaks are the same as Fallout 3, threads 2 , etc. I don't touch the audio one though, seems unstable.

Its the engine fallout nv is using its pure crap. No real definite fix for it but I dont play the game long enough for it to start lagging really bad but after about a hour and a half It drops about 10 fps for me maybe a bit more. I have looked for fixes but have not seemed to find anything