• Please log in to reply
495 replies to this topic

Slawter500

Slawter500

An Old Fogey from Oblivion Requests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
Its the ripping/porting of models meshes used by bethesda that they got all annoyed by.

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
i dunno who to go with but look how bout we try porting morrowind into oblivion and then if we are told off then we will start from scratch?

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Actuly no lets not risk it
Best wait untill i get a definate responce from Bethesda

kieranfoy

kieranfoy

The spirit that always negates.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Actuly no lets not risk it
Best wait untill i get a definate responce from Bethesda

Bethesda won't let you, man. They've already said categorically that you can't port from Morrowind to Oblivion.

The request for Morrowind style werewolves has an excellant explanation of why porting is illegal. I suggest you check it out.

Best wrap this thread up. Sometimes admins ban people (or at least put you on their s**t list) for seriously planning an illegal mod.

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Well it isnt planning a illegal mod unless the e-mail i get back says no

Kamoba

Kamoba

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
They normally ban the ones who know what they are doing is wrong, those who are asking or un-sure at most have a closed thread and a warning via pm.

*shrugs*
anyhow, i'm off to work for the night.
Cau.

kieranfoy

kieranfoy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Well it isnt planning a illegal mod unless the e-mail i get back says no

Yes, it is. Bethesda has forbidden it. Categorically. Do you really think they'll makre an exception for you? I doubt they'll even reply.

Regardless, it's illegal unless (and that's one big unless) they allow you to, which they legally can't.

Just read the post I suggested. http://thenexusforum...o...10&start=10

An admin explains it.

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Regardless, it's illegal unless (and that's one big unless) they allow you to, which they legally can't.??????

So your saying they cant legaly let people use there work even if the give them legal permition?

kieranfoy

kieranfoy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Regardless, it's illegal unless (and that's one big unless) they allow you to, which they legally can't.??????

So your saying they cant legaly let people use there work even if the give them legal permition?

Did you follow the link, Kaz? Just do so. It explains everything, including your question.

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
Yeah i understand didnt read ur post before mine
but i was reported an hour ago and nothings happend so far
and regardless im gonna start seeing trying to get some people tho help start this from scratch it may of taken them 5 years to make Morrowind but that also includes making the Construction set making the textures and lots more but we have a Construction set we can landscape we seem to hav e people that are doing a bett job then bethesda and texturing tho i am not dissing them without them this wouldnt of being possible

Page loaded in: 0.921 seconds