Deathclaw Hybrid

falloutcow2011

It was planned as part of the OWB expansion I'm working on. There will be an additional facility where cazaclaws are a focus, and a deathclaw holotape will be available to take back to the X-8 splicing facility to create a deathclaw human hybrid companion, she is friendly(-ish). There will also be peptides in the deathclaw facility to allow the player to inject him/herself with altered deathclaw DNA/FEV strains.

The model itself I made today.

Yeah, it's not a huge deal with the ADHD thing, just dial it down.

If you want to help, ideas are key. A good idea motivates me and really provides the driving force for most of the larger mods I make. So if you have something in mind for the concept, I encourage you to share it, especially if it's something you'd like to see implemented in the hybrid race.

It was planned as part of the OWB expansion I'm working on. There will be an additional facility where cazaclaws are a focus, and a deathclaw holotape will be available to take back to the X-8 splicing facility to create a deathclaw human hybrid companion, she is friendly(-ish). There will also be peptides in the deathclaw facility to allow the player to inject him/herself with altered deathclaw DNA/FEV strains.

The model itself I made today.

Yeah, it's not a huge deal with the ADHD thing, just dial it down.

If you want to help, ideas are key. A good idea motivates me and really provides the driving force for most of the larger mods I make. So if you have something in mind for the concept, I encourage you to share it, especially if it's something you'd like to see implemented in the hybrid race.

Well Deathclaw hybrids are one thing I enjoy. Incidentally I was in the process of developing a character for a silly fan fiction story who comes across several of these hybrids. So far I have a whole family of Deathclaw hybrids running around, but there's also at least one Nightstalker hybrid.

My first draft of the backstory was that these subjects were the product of genetic experiments conducted by The Institute--yes, that institute, in Boston. This was like back in 2010 before Fallout 4 was even being hyped over. However it probably makes more sense for Big MT to be handling hybrid things.

I'm very much looking forward to this. If you want more than cosmetics, deathclaw hybrids should have a nice big melee boost and agility boost, but if you want to balance it, make it more difficult to use normal guns because claws and all. Nightstalker hybrids could have a nice stealth boost though I'm not sure how we'd counter-balance it with something else. Hell you could make hybrids of a bunch of things. Yao Guai, Cazadores, Geckos... The list goes on. If you really want all of my ideas for hybrids, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM and list everything I can think of.

Edited by Spades_Neil

Rawr!

Good pic. Deathclaws were orgionally going to be Yeti-eqsque, great shaggy creatures, but it just wasn't in the cards to 3D animation back in the day.

If you want more than cosmetics, deathclaw hybrids should have a nice big melee boost and agility boost, but if you want to balance it, make it more difficult to use normal guns because claws and all.

Sure, I think we can all agree that deathclaw hybrids will have some common attributes, but lets think outside the box a little bit. Here's a couple of examples;

Do we want "levels" or degrees of the hybrids (say 2 or 3 different tiers of the perk)? If so, Q made a evolved deathclaw, pic;

http://static-6.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/41117-1-1315421740.jpg

So one could have the first level of teh perk and be essentially human with deathclaw like features and modest bonuses. A 2nd level of the perk could include more deathclaw like qualities (changes to the face, deathclaw texture, etc) and the 3rd level of the perk could be visually identical to a deathclaw. I'm not saying all of that is possible/practical, just brainstorming. But if we go this way, is there a tribal structure for this group, and a back story?

Or do we want the player (ie deathclaw hybrid) to be a one of a kind critter?

Rawr!

Good pic. Deathclaws were orgionally going to be Yeti-eqsque, great shaggy creatures, but it just wasn't in the cards to 3D animation back in the day.

That's taken straight from Fallout Tactics, which is kindof my main lore source when modding. I like Tactics because it is just far enough out of Bethesda's eyesight that I don't have to worry about conflicts, but just close enough to lore that it grounds my work in the Fallout universe.

In Tactics Deathclaws actually talk, but Bethesda doesn't really recognize that as cannon. So for my modding purposes I just assume that the furry Deathclaw are just a regional variation from the Rocky Mountain area.

Rawr!

If you want more than cosmetics, deathclaw hybrids should have a nice big melee boost and agility boost, but if you want to balance it, make it more difficult to use normal guns because claws and all.

Sure, I think we can all agree that deathclaw hybrids will have some common attributes, but lets think outside the box a little bit. Here's a couple of examples;

Do we want "levels" or degrees of the hybrids (say 2 or 3 different tiers of the perk)? If so, Q made a evolved deathclaw, pic;

http://static-6.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/41117-1-1315421740.jpg

So one could have the first level of teh perk and be essentially human with deathclaw like features and modest bonuses. A 2nd level of the perk could include more deathclaw like qualities (changes to the face, deathclaw texture, etc) and the 3rd level of the perk could be visually identical to a deathclaw. I'm not saying all of that is possible/practical, just brainstorming. But if we go this way, is there a tribal structure for this group, and a back story?

Or do we want the player (ie deathclaw hybrid) to be a one of a kind critter?

If you're developing this for a fully fledged mod and lore to go with it, then there should be a variety of feral and failed experiments that should be running around with enough intelligence to pick up a weapon and attack with it. Mostly melee I figure, since it'd be hard to get those claws around a trigger.

One of the renditions of backstory that I've used for this race is that the Enclave was trying to use Deathclaws to create supersoldier hybrids that could be set loose on the wasteland but were intelligent enough to function independently.. and to brainwash with the American way, eliminating the need for a constant supervisor. However the tribal structure for these failed experiments could go very much like the actual Deathclaws, with mother deathclaws and alphas being top tier of the pack, with everyone else basically following them. The alpha's mate comes first in the hirearchy, while the alpha himself is a close second. Younglings are next in the hierarchy when it comes to food matters, although in matters of dominance they're close to the bottom. The very bottom belongs to the pack beta-male. I made all this tribal stuff up just now. Basically some Enclave scientist dropped the ball and released one or two into the wild and they bred with local Deathclaws.

However I still like the idea of Big MT being the one to provide the player with such augments. We could claim the data they hold on the subject was based off pre-war research contracted by the US government.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hey where's the download for the armour in thevideo?

Never got a chance to complete it, here is a quick cut and paste of the response from your other post on the topic;

"Little bit of a necropost, but I did some work on a hybrid, vid below;

And had a bit of a back story for a deathclaw hybrid companion, it involved getting a deathclaw tape and a human tape in OWBs gene splicing center (X- :cool:. But I'm guessing your interested in the hybrid as a player race?

Most of the work is done, just requires some custom race tweaks (skin, eyes etc). The texture for the skin would use the same process I used to make the deathclaw dusters in gimp. Anyway if you have any ideas for back history etc post em, it might get me interested enough to complete the project."

So yeah if you think of anything to contribute, probably best to post it in this thread since the other one only has two or 3 posts. I wouldn't mind starting work on it again (npc and pc version) if there's some good ideas behind it.

Also the gene center is X-8, the board software misinterpreted it as a emoji.

hey where's the download for the armour in thevideo?

Never got a chance to complete it, here is a quick cut and paste of the response from your other post on the topic;

"Little bit of a necropost, but I did some work on a hybrid, vid below;

And had a bit of a back story for a deathclaw hybrid companion, it involved getting a deathclaw tape and a human tape in OWBs gene splicing center (X- :cool:. But I'm guessing your interested in the hybrid as a player race?

Most of the work is done, just requires some custom race tweaks (skin, eyes etc). The texture for the skin would use the same process I used to make the deathclaw dusters in gimp. Anyway if you have any ideas for back history etc post em, it might get me interested enough to complete the project."

So yeah if you think of anything to contribute, probably best to post it in this thread since the other one only has two or 3 posts. I wouldn't mind starting work on it again (npc and pc version) if there's some good ideas behind it.

Also the gene center is X-8, the board software misinterpreted it as a emoji.

Thanks.