A mod request - respawn limit reset

Guest Dominik

Guest Dominik
Good news everyone! :smile:

There is a way that seems really obvious and easy to come by, yet it requires Cheat Engine (so you have to repeat it everytime you start the game and spend about 10-15 minutes setting it up). For now I have no time and skills to actually write a Cheat Engine script or a mod, but take a look anyway...

... ah, leave it behind! I just find out that someone MADE A SCRIPT yesterday!! You can download it here: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5531778#5531778

Just look for mgr.inz.Player post :smile: What a wonderful news :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a way that seems really obvious and easy to come by, yet it requires Cheat Engine (so you have to repeat it everytime you start the game and spend about 10-15 minutes setting it up). For now I have no time and skills to actually write a Cheat Engine script or a mod, but take a look anyway...
... ah, leave it behind! I just find out that someone MADE A SCRIPT yesterday!! You can download it here: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5531778#5531778
Just look for mgr.inz.Player post :smile: What a wonderful news :smile:

That's nice, but again; REMEMBER to run the game in offline mode when you do this! I'm pretty sure VAC will pick it up.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ichbinseinfach

Just look for mgr.inz.Player post :smile: What a wonderful news :smile:

How to use this file, i cant find any tutorial for it?

• 1 year later...

Non-Dark Souls player here, but watcher of streams and videos...

How would removing the cap to mob spawning encourage farming? A finite number of souls can quickly turn it into a collectathon, infinite wouldn't punish people for simple playing the game normally by making souls be lost forever, making the un-reclaimed souls you have, be unobtainable. What I see is some of the players I watch actually do, is clear out an area to make sure they don't squander their souls... Rather than encourage people to play a tad bit more liberally, where lost reclaimed souls aren't wasted, they simply need to be "farmed" again.

People farm souls because of the limited respawns more often than I see people farm in Dark Souls 1. Some of these people come from never farming souls in DS1, to feeling they HAVE to farm souls in DS2. So I'd say, the respawn limit (if the reason was to stop farming) has not only failed, it's backfired.

Edited by sherrif

• 8 years later...

Recently, I started playing the Souls games. I finished Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 1, and now I decided to start Dark Souls 2, but I don't like the enemy limit at all.

The cheat link is not working, is there another link or something else?