Modesty Mod

zihark7

lol, im just going to ignore the majority of this page and reply to ur question >.>

Sounds like a plan. I think I'll join you. ;D

Retexturing The Lady of the Forest would take about the same amount of effort as the desire demon, considering i was just gonna edit the base file causing the change everytime it loads up in any quest.

Okay, cool. Thanks for that.

As far as the cutscenes, i've never done anything with those (i hit esc to skip them), so i wouldn't know for SURE but if you ask me you can't just take one out. When it's supposed to go to a romance scene it'll prolly error at the missing file, so you'd have to make something to replace it. (assuming i'm right otherwise you can just take it out)

If your gonna replace it you might as well make it funny :D

*PC*"lets go back to the tent"

*alistair*"certainly"

-goes to cutscene--see alistair scowling-

*alistair*"For the love of--thats the FIFTH time you've beaten me in goldfish!"

Lol, I definitely agree! :biggrin: Hahaha... at any rate, if the cutscenes are all in one file, maybe it would be possible just to copy+paste one and rename it to whatever the romance scene is. Also, I took a bit of a look at the toolset. Looks as though you can edit your own cutscenes in there, so it seems like it would only be a minor stretch of the imagination to edit (e.g. replace) existing cutscenes.

Thanks again for all your help.

Thank you very much zephyre12 and tatafornow. I will be very greatful for the mod once it's done (no rush, take your time). And thank you tatafornow for holding up an argument in my favor while I have not been checking this. I didn't expect many responses, so I took my time to say anything and generally see what was going on. It's great to see some agreement, and it's also good to see some people who are not condescending and aren't pointlessly arguing against something that they should just ignore. Thanks again to those who have been polite, and especially to zephyre12 for being willing to aid me.

no problem, I might even mess around and make a new cutscene with voice and all :P

*edit*(Gonna have to make 2 i guess, if the player character is female then she will be talking, if the character is male then the computer will be talking...if they r both male then your out of luck, im sorry)

This is killing me, it's been 2 days without my computer and i'm already going insane :/ sad aint it? It's like having a dozen images in your head you want to draw but no pencil and paper. Just 3 more days....-pulls out a sketch pad- Any1 have any ideas for a good picture?

I've got one ima work on now but i'll be done in 6 hours or so and need another to fill the rest of my time.(please just pm me an idea)

I wish you would stop throwing the word immersion around. Do you even know what it means? I mean, truly, honestly, know what it means? You're asking people to mod this and mod that, change this and change that because you feel uncomfortable about something, or dislike something, but then you constantly throw around the term "That would be immersion breaking", surely you realize that the entire mod you request is immersion breaking, yes?

A demon of desire being more clothed? A spirit of Nature being clothed at all?

I can understand the not wanting the sex scenes, that's a very reasonable request. But when you flaunt the word immersion around while requesting something completely immersion breaking is just absolutely befuddling. Either you want to break immersion, or you will suck it up and see the not so graphic images.

You 'know' your little brother will be playing it? Why, why exactly will he be playing it? You can store the discs where he cannot get them, you can deny him access to your EA account which is required to activate the game, you can put a password on your computer so that he can't go about accessing files. Whether you are a total prude or not is none of my business, but you are being unreasonable. You are complaining about how such-and-such would be immersion breaking while asking people to create a mod that in it's very essence would be immersion breaking.

Yes, the Dragon Age story is awesome.

Yes, the fighting is fun.

But you also knew full well what was inside of the game ahead of time, yet you still bought it. As you said, you are an adult, capable of making your own decisions. You chose to buy this game knowing it had, and I use this term losely, heavy sexual themes. To try and remove every aspect of that quite simply breaks the game. You can't simply cut out the brothel and if you really do not have as big a problem with sex as you say, why are you trying to remove it from the game? It's a natural action, people fall in love, they have sex, it happens. All the time.

So in short. I don't think alot of people appreciate you tossing around "Immersion" when you're seeking a mod that does nothing more then break immersion because you cannot control a minor from accessing a game intended for adults (And having strong doubts my self that you are even of legal age, it's a completely reasonable assumption for me to make that you are underage and simply had your parents purchase the game for you and are now attempting to mask the sexual content).

To think that some people in this world can be so repressed.

Either you want Immersion

OR you want your mod.

You can't have both.

Either you want Immersion

OR you want your mod.

You can't have both.

Calm down, I was just being funny. I merely think it would be hilarious to watch a Desire Demon head floating around. I honestly couldn't care about the immersive experience being broken.

Err, you view sex as dirty ? As a christian, I fight atheists in their laissez faire views on sexuality on a regular basis, but I disagree with the idea sex would be dirty. Its an expression of love.

I should've qualified: sex within the media. Sex is fine... even awesome. I'm a Christian, but not one of those that thinks sex is a horrible twisting of life. Just I'd rather not have it in my games/movies/etc. Hope that clears things up. :wink:

wow, for some reason i actually read this entire topic. :P but anyway, its NOT an unreasonable mod (IS there such a thing as long as it COULD be done?) and jeez people, stop nagging them for wanting some modesty! i wouldnt use the mod they want but let them have it, its not going to kill anyone (and yes i know someone will say that them not having the mod wouldnt kill them. but my response is NO ONE WILL MAKE U DOWNLOAD THE BLOODY MOD IF U LIKE A LITTLE SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) i just wish i knew how to mod just to give them it. but sadly i dont know how :(

hope u all get your mod.

Moderator Note:

I tire of having to come here everyday and clean it up. When it ventured into the religious aspects, it violated the rules of the forums. You are more then welcome to believe what you want, or not believe that is an individual choice. But you will not discuss it on this family of sites.

>LOCKED<

If you have come to continue the argument, you are out of luck.

Buddah