New mod involving game engine fixes!

Foxxtrott141

Hello everyone, I'm Foxxtrott141 and recently I started replaying fallout 3 and thought " This game needs the major bugs to be fixed " and so I have decided that I am going to overhaul the game engine so that it runs more smoothly on Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well as attempt to fix the alt+tab bug that causes C.T.D's ( Crashes to the desktop ). So, I've created this post so then, you guys, can post any bugs that you would like to see fixed and I'll work on getting the first version of this mod created.

Information on what the grand picture of this "overhaul" mod is going to do for fallout 3:

1.) Optimizations

Well first things first, I feel that performance and fluid Gameplay is a big priority of the list of things I'm thinking of re-doing. The few things so far that I have figured out is a complete overhaul of the game engine so then Gameplay is a lot more enjoyable. As well as, Less frame drops in certain areas. This will create a better immersion in the game that is fallout 3.

2.) Cosmetics

A second thing I feel is important to fixing fallout 3 is fixing some of the low poly textures and such. As well as re-doing inside of buildings and such, but without sacrificing performance. As well as fixing character models.

3.) Other

A few things I was thinking about is:

• Voice acting for your character
  • Better character creation
  • Fixes to the weapons
  • More weapons
  • Better PhysX

For now that's currently what I have thought of, However, I am open to suggestions and that is the whole reason i opened this thread. But don't come up the impossible. Remember, This is being created by a two man team. So, I can't push out this mod extremely fast, as well as too much content. Just keep that in mind.

Have a nice day! :smile:

Go for it! Don't worry too much about fixing graphics or game play features, there are plenty of folks who will do that kind of work if the game will handle it without choking. Fixing the basic game engine so that it can utilize the capabilities of modern cpus, gpus and larger amounts of RAM will open the game up to more complex scripting and HD graphics.This in turn will attract modders who will take advantage of these capabilities. Good luck!