DAModder - A Dragon Age Mod Manager - Now in Open Beta

jwvanderbeck

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's working fine here. It's nice to have a simple mod managing tool.

One feature i would love to have is mod load order sorting. Since folders are loaded alphabetically, adding a 3 digit number behind the folder names would let you alter the load order through folder renaming.

I've yet to find any solid way to force ordering of mods. Everything i've tried has been hit or miss. In the end though I still don't see how load order matters since if two mods conflict they'll still conflict no matter what. If Mod A and Mod B both override the same event, one of them just isn't going to work not matter how you load them.

While it is true that in the case of conflict one of the mods isn't going to load correcty or fully, it does have importance when you count mods that have a whole lot of files, and compatibility mods.

Say i install mod A, mod B and mod AB Compatibility (which contains the conflicting files with both changes or recompiled or wevs). I could always rename the folders to force AB Compatibility last, but being able to move it within the software would be desirable.

It follows the same logic as ordering oblivion or fallout mods: when you're working with a hundred mods it becomes cumbersome to hunt for conflicting files manually, and sometimes these conflicts are even benign and the user may be willing to sacrifice functionality from mod a in order for mod b to work.

Which brings to another point: Would it be possible for the software to indicate if there are conflicts?, initially only with the override mods of course but eventually being able to say if a dazip mod is conflicting with an override would be extremely desirable.

Which brings to another point: Would it be possible for the software to indicate if there are conflicts?, initially only with the override mods of course but eventually being able to say if a dazip mod is conflicting with an override would be extremely desirable.

This part is already planned. In fact its one of the pieces i'm working on right now. As long as you are using packages that are compatible with DAModder, and thus have the data to work with, then DAModder will inform you if there is a potential conflict and help you decide what action to take. For core overrides, it will scan the filenames in use and use that to indicate conflict. for standard mods, the author will be able to specify what events the mod overrides, if any, and use that data to provide information on possible conflict.

As far as the priority stuff.. like I said if you can tell me a surefire way of controlling load oder, i'd love to know. But so far nothing i've done has worked reliably so i'm a bit lost on it. I haven't spent that much time with it though. Been spending more time on code :)