Getting Started On Modding DS2

Guest Virulian

So if a texture comes up as black when it's diffuse map is all transparency it means the mesh can't have transparency?

Yes. For exemple, most clothed parts of armors have transparency because they have holes in them. Most skirts or "floating" parts are completely transparent.

Some jewels also can be removed, like on the grave warden chest piece.

I don't have the butterfly set but by looking at the picture on the wiki, i think it should be transparent too. I don't know why it doesn't work for you :ermm:

So if a texture comes up as black when it's diffuse map is all transparency it means the mesh can't have transparency?

Yes. For exemple, most clothed parts of armors have transparency because they have holes in them. Most skirts or "floating" parts are completely transparent.

Some jewels also can be removed, like on the grave warden chest piece.

I don't have the butterfly set but by looking at the picture on the wiki, i think it should be transparent too. I don't know why it doesn't work for you :ermm:

AH, sorry i forgot to correct that post. I got the wings transparent, but was still unsure about other armour pieces. So i guess we have to hope someone does the heavy lifting and figures out how to edit meshes, then?

Alright, guys. Stupid beginner question here.

I'm trying to edit the Old Knight Shield to look like a yellow shield, yet no matter what I do to the diffuse, normal, and specluar maps there is always a tinge of green when the light reflects off of it. There is no green anywhere on any of the texture maps. It's driving me crazy. Is there a fourth hidden texture map that's causing this or something?

I'm trying to edit the Old Knight Shield to look like a yellow shield, yet no matter what I do to the diffuse, normal, and specluar maps there is always a tinge of green when the light reflects off of it. There is no green anywhere on any of the texture maps. It's driving me crazy. Is there a fourth hidden texture map that's causing this or something?

Are you sure that there are no other bitmaps relating to that object? Also, is it the world reflection that's tinted green (if it has this) or is it the light reflection? If the latter, it could just be an object property not set in a bitmap, in which case there really is nothing to do.

Are you sure that there are no other bitmaps relating to that object? Also, is it the world reflection that's tinted green (if it has this) or is it the light reflection? If the latter, it could just be an object property not set in a bitmap, in which case there really is nothing to do.

I don't think it's the world reflection. I tried it all over, from Majula, to Iron Keep, to Drangleic Castle, etc. I think it's just a hidden object property, like you said. It is the green Old Knight Shield, after all. It's not super super overpronounced, though, so I can live with it. No other shield really makes for a good template for what I'm trying to do, anyway. Wish this game had Shiva's shield in it. Hmm... new idea for a texture replacement.

Edited by DevelopmenthGB

• 2 weeks later...