Is there a mod about parenting yet?

Kurzusseus

I just wanted to post this out there. I've been looking around on the nexus for some really good immersion mods that make the gameplay feel almost like real life.

Here is a little list of what I've got if anyone is interested.

Realistic needs and diseases

Argonian claw feet

Wet and cold

Ash and dust

Frostfall

Hunterborn (disabled)

Headtracking

those are some of my fav mods in my list. I've been looking for a parenting mod as I kinda feel that Hearthfire is lacking the whole

parenting process. I want to return from exploring and my wife nag me about being out too long, or my son getting hurt while i'm away

coming to me asking for a hug or something, and then a random quest begins to obtain revenge on the poor fool who hurt my son.

Things like the sibling rivalry and having to split them up and send them to their rooms if necessary. Or waking me up while

sleeping saying they heard a scary noise outside, and being the father- making sure they are ok. They are afraid to be

alone in the room and want me by their side for a little till they go to sleep etc.

I know it sounds weird me wanting to actually have the hardships of taking care of kids, but I really want good immersion in

my gameplay. and I want a reason to go out, get gold, pay for food on the table etc. Has anyone done a mod like this? or something

similar? It'd make hearthfire that much more worth it to me.

*edit

Furthermore is there a mod where you can make Barbus and adoptable pet? I'd like for my children to ask if we can keep him

a daedric dog as my pet. I don't care so much for the quest, I can manually complete it otherwise by console, or just forget it all together, I've done it multiple times.

Edited by Kurzusseus

combined with a mod that makes children grow up, and it would be perfect

then you come to think

when was the last time you saw a teenager in Skyrim? you see children, then the age gap jumps to at least late 20s at best, even mid 30s

Someone could easily make teenage meshes. It'd be a challenge but so is some of the huge meshes added by superior modders, I remember there was a dwemer mod that took you to space! Unrealistic but big time modding.

Point is, I want some immersion, and modders seem to busy about making bigger weapons, armor, or quests then to bother with some of the lesser things like parenting

or home owning etc.

Or endless un-lore friendly mods like taming Dragons, or learning spells to bend space and shape reality.

Really Skyrim could use some decent immersion mods that make the game more in depth with some of the better

things like survival, and needs.

Especially marriage in game, its dull and boring. You get married, but hardly do anything with your wife.

Unless she is a follower, or he if your a woman. I recently got a mod that allows me to change my in

game wife's clothes so she wears something new every-day, she even gives me hugs once in awhile.

It helps, but someone please, do something about Marriage (sudden epiphany) Wait, if ApolloDown would invest

the time I'm sure he'd make a marriage overhaul mod. He's done so many amazing overhaul mods, the world could use

his help in marriage modding. But I don't think he'd want to delve into marriage modding...but then again, I can always ask.

Just off the top of my head: Paying bills. Who does the shopping and dishes. AI upgrade for the steward to remind you of important dates. Cross-country adventures to visit the in-laws. Staying home to fix things on the weekends. Alchemy recipes for headache cures.

C'MON!!! I'm kidding around.

Or, am I?

Let's try brainstorming here. How would a good marriage mod work? What functions would it have?

I could list some things that would indeed make a good Marriage mod work.

Number 1. MCM == It would have to have an MCM confirmation window. So we could manually edit whatever we didn't like.

That way if we're annoyed by how much attention our spouses want, we can lower them.

Number 2. Shopping == The ability that your family actually consumes food overtime. an example, all items in the kitchen is subject to slowly 'disable' or be picked up

and eaten over-time to feed your family. Over time, the kitchen would become bare and your spouse would come to you asking about plans for shopping. You could

then either give her a minimum of 200 Septims to go get enough food for two days, the max being 2000 Septims for two weeks. Essentially she will either go into the nearest inn

and 'buy' food. The food would be enabled in your kitchen depending how much money you gave her.

Alternatively, if you go and buy the food, simply place the food in your kitchen cabinets, chests, barrels, and the game will repeat by slowly decreasing about 2 edible foods

a day, and three drinks a day. once again, configurable by the MCM menu.

Number 3. Cleaning == This would kinda be a little annoying, but lets be realistic. If you return home, you may find your house is dirty via your childrens

activity. Simply tell your son/daughter to do his/her chores and the house will become cleaner. Alternatively your wife can be told, or you yourself can clean.

Number 4. Affection == Bare with me, too keep it standard nexus we wont delve too much into affection, but would it kill modders to make a mod

where your spouse kisses you, or wants a kiss? even a hug? (I know they already exist, but its quite rare.) A standard affection ability

would make your spouse come to you for love and support once in awhile if He/her was hurt in some way, or if the business is doing poorly.

And come on, we all wish we could hug and kiss our in game spouses right?

Number 5. Children Ai == Another perk of being married is having kids. So when you go and adopt a child from the orphanage or wherever else,

your tasked with only providing a bed. Nevermind anything else a kid could need. Add a little more in depth requirements to adopting a child,

and when the child is adopted make them have better ai- children love to explore, so once in a great while the mod should make

where your children explore together, or one goes off while the other tells mom and dad what Jr. is getting into, then you have to go

stop him, or save him depending on the situation.

Additionally, something to add would be where the kid actually needs you, he/she got hurt and wants you to heal it, make it better using

restoration magic. (or a potion.) Asks for advice to help him/her grow up to be a (blank) Ask to go on your next adventure etc.

Number 6. There is no six, I don't have any more brainstorming ideas at the moment.

Edited by Kurzusseus