How do you change ini files down?

LeaderWolf

Hello , Im Leader Wolf. I have been playing Skyrim for about a year now and I have a few mods! ( 60 ). I need help on an issue I have come across. When I edited my Skyrim ini file things down , I could not load my saves! if anyone has a fix to this please tell me! :blush:

The only change you could make to your ini file that I can think of that would prevent you from loading a save is Ugrids to load.

Ugrids, if you lower the value your not going to be able to load a save that was set for higher. Unfortunately I cant remember off hand how this is fixed though I know that it can be fixed, it involves having the game running at the higher value, alt-tabbing making the change in ini, and finally reseting the ui in consul command.

Not sure if that's your problem cause your post is too vague.

If that's not your problem why not remove both ini files and starting the game up via Steam so that the game will generate brand new ini files to mess with?

as poster above states ..your post does not state what you have a problem with...BUT going on the assumtion as above...

To lower Ugrid value....Load the save with a higher Ugrid Value..7, 9 what ever..While the game is running...ALT/TAB out ...Open the INI change the setting to a lower value (Default 5 ) ALT/TAB back to the game , open the console (~) and type "refreshini" , <<<that will pull the new value into your save, SAVE now you have a lower Ugrid value.

")

• 2 weeks later...

yeah but what im saying is that I cant load any of my saves. Everytime I try or make a new game it crashes to the desktop. I think its because I messed with my ini files by typing all these ini file commands that this guy told me to do. So any ideas.

move both INI files to a different folder. Then run the default game launcher "SkyrimLauncher.exe: this will generate New ini files. IF you had edited the Ugrid value you have to change it back to what it was, Or a higher value then you had, this should get you back into the game, then you can do as i posted above to lower that value to the default of 5.

Skyrim will not load if the Ugrid value is Lower then what a save game has. Higher is ok.

IF that does not work, try to "Validate files" with steam.

IF that does not work...Nuke the entire thing and Re-install. You could try your saves. So back them up to a different folder.