Solution/Tutorial: Zapped Bodies for Bodyslide Armors

IronDusk33

Ok, here is the issue that I had and what several other people had, when making a slider set for an armor, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to alter the armor mesh to cover up the entire body mesh and not have clipping at some point. A partial solution I previously made to this is to make a temporary slider set with only a zap slider to partially remove some of the body, and then use that mesh to make the permanent slider set. This worked for me for a while, until I realized there was a massive issue. If you have any body mesh, partial or not, in the armor mesh and conform it to sliders, certain sliders will cause gaps and seams at the wrists, ankles, and neck. True, I didn't notice it for a while, but when I did, I couldn't "un-notice" it. So I fiddled around for a day or so with the new Bodyslide 2 (version 2.1a) and I have finally come up with a solution. I will tell you guys the exact method to get this right.

1. First you need to have a CBBE armor mesh. I believe there are other tutorials telling you how to convert armors to CBBE, it isn't that hard. Also, make sure you copy over any additional weights you want, like BBP, TBBP, or HDT skeleton weights.

2. Now open up Outfit Studio and start a new project, with the "CBBE Body" "CBBE BBP" "CBBE TBBP", or "CBBE HDT" depending on whether your armor mesh has bbp, tbbp, or HDT physics.

3. Delete any and all body meshes from your armor mesh, NOT the reference body.

4. Now go to Slider->Conform All, be sure to do this BEFORE the next step, or else half of your armor may vanish.

5. Make sure the Reference Body is selected, and using the Mask Tool, mask all the parts of the Reference Body you DO NOT want deleted.

6. With the Reference Body still selected, go to Slider->New Zap, and name the new slider whatever you want.

7. With the Reference Body still selected, go to Slider->Clear Mask

8. Now go to File->Save Project As, and save your new Slider Set with the proper file directories, file names, etc. Make sure that "Copy Reference Shape into Outfit" is SELECTED.

9. If you close and reopen Bodyslide 2, you can now go to your new Slider Set, make sure the Zap Slider is selected, and you now, hopefully, have a clipping free armor mesh!

Edited by IronDusk33