15 replies to this topic

andersz

andersz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hi

i would like to ask if anyone could make or tell me how to make a mod thats removes all Rad Scorpions from the game? since they kind of ruins the game for me

Sorry for my bad english

andersz

andersz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Does nobody have the slightest idea on how to remove them?

Cipscis

Cipscis

Scripter

• Premium Member
  • 1,283 posts
Sure, just attach a script like this to them:
int bDoOnce

Begin GameMode
	if bDoOnce
		Return
	endif

Disable
	set bDoOnce to 1
End
Note that a mod using this script cannot be uninstalled easily, and if anything requires the presence of a radscorpion then this won't take it into account, so some quests may be broken.

Cipscis

BadPenney

BadPenney

Worth Less than a Dog

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

... if anything requires the presence of a radscorpion then this won't take it into account, so some quests may be broken.

That would put an end to my quest mod alright.

I sympathize about the radscorpions though. Those flying pterydactyl creatures in Morrowind used to drive me mad.

pkleiss

pkleiss

Pseudo Supreme Being

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
You could edit their creature page and set their health to 1. That wouldn't cause most mods that use them to get borked and would allow you to squash them rather easily.

andersz

andersz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
it would not help at all by lowering their health since i got no problem killing them its just their existence that bothers me.

how do i attach that script to them?

Sepherose

Sepherose

*insert amusing original photo below this quote*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

it would not help at all by lowering their health since i got no problem killing them its just their existence that bothers me.

Arachnophobic? Anyway, in all seriousness, You could simply make an ESP that deletes their entries in the creatures section. It could definitely break some stuff, but it'd work so long as it loaded last... well, maybe not on mods that add new kinds...

andersz

andersz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Arachnophobic? Anyway, in all seriousness, You could simply make an ESP that deletes their entries in the creatures section. It could definitely break some stuff, but it'd work so long as it loaded last... well, maybe not on mods that add new kinds...

Exactly

i actually created an esp thats does that but every time im trying to load fallout with it on the game crashes

Sepherose

Sepherose

*insert amusing original photo below this quote*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
Oh well, like I said, it'd probably break something. So yeah, best bet is probably the script and that is beyond me.

tortured Tomato

tortured Tomato

Nightshade Mutant

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Sure, just attach a script like this to them:

int bDoOnce

Begin GameMode
	if bDoOnce
		Return
	endif

Disable
	set bDoOnce to 1
End
Note that a mod using this script cannot be uninstalled easily, and if anything requires the presence of a radscorpion then this won't take it into account, so some quests may be broken.

Cipscis

Wouldn't it cause a save game bloat this way since these creatures are respawning after three ingame days?
Or does disabling also prevent them from respawning?

Disable does not remove references from the game, just stops them from rendering. Do not rely on Disable to prevent savegame bloat by removing references. MarkForDelete should be used to remove references from the game.

Page loaded in: 0.689 seconds