Help creating a compatibility cooking recipe patch

CookieDynamics

Hi there,

I'm a complete amateur with modding and I would really appreciate if someone could help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

I want to add new recipes to my game.

Asky is an incredible dog-companion mod and I love it. However, the recipes for "dog food" use only vanila meats. So, for example, 1 piece of Venison can create 2 units of "dog food"... but since I'm playing with Hunterborn, when I hunt an Elk I get "Venison (Elk)" which can't be used for dog food.

With that said, I tried creating my own compatibility patch.

I did the following:

1) Opened creation kit

2) Selected "Hunterborn.esp" , "xgfThedog.esp" (That's Asky's) , Skyrim.esm and Update.esm.

**Creation kit commented I had no active esp.... I assumed that was ok, because I want to create a new esp instead of overwriting Asky's .

3) On Items -> Constructible Object appear several " xgfTheDogRecipe** " (** = 01,02,03,04,05,...)

4) I duplicated xgfTheDogRecipe01

5) The recipe had the following parameters:

*** ID: xgfTheDogRecipeDUPLICATE002 (I changed to "xgfTheDogRecipeM01") (M for mine , lol)

*** Created Object: "xgfTheDogFeedMeat" (I didn't change it)

*** Created Object Count: 2 (I didn't change it)

*** Workbench Keyword: CraftingCookingPot (I didn't change it)
*** Required Item List: 1 FoodGoatMeat (I changed to "_DS_RawElk")

*** Match Conditions: S ; GetGlobalValue ; Global: 'xbfTheDogInit' ; Comp: ==; Value: 1.0 ; AND ; (I didn't change it)

Then I pressed save and saved it as "askyHunterbornPatch.esp"

I activated the esp and ran the game... Alas, the recipe didn't appear.

So I closed the game and re-opened creation kit... Then I noticed several problems.

1) Even though I used "Hunterborn.esp" and "xgfThedog.esp" to create mine, CK says my esp has one 2 master files (Skyrim.esm and Update.esm)

2) Upon looking at my recipe, the values are:

*** ID: xgfTheDogRecipeM01

*** Created Object: None

*** Created Object Count: 2

*** Workbench Keyword: CraftingCookingPot
*** Required Item List: (List is empty)

*** Match Conditions: S ; GetGlobalValue ; INVALID ; Comp: ==; Value: 1.0 ; AND ;

What should I do?!

Please help, and thank you in advance.

Edited by CookieDynamics

Ever since this post I discovered a program that allows you to create esp dependency ( It's called TESVSnip, for anyone that might be interested)

However, after I make my changes to the esp and save it through CK the dependency is forgotten so the problem stated in the opening post remains.

I would really appreciate any kind of support, I imagine this is something most modders know well how to do.