Awakening resources

Lehcar

HOW do I get the Awakening resources into my toolset so I can edit them and customize things in Awakening?? I've tried extremely hard to figure it out and have tried a lot of things but it isn't working! :(

Specifically I'm most interested in having the Creature UTCs so I can edit NPC's equipment and inventories and such...

Ok, well as with ALL things DAA related, I have to state that I dont have DAA on my system, so I can't actually try this out. But here's my theory-

C:/Program Files/Dragon Age/packages/core_ep1

\module\data\designercreature.erf

and

\core\data\designercreature.erf

Open the designercreature.erf file in the toolset. Find the person that you want to mod, right click on them, choose open resource (i've right clicked on .erf files, choosen open with, and set the toolset as the default program to open them, as well as the .utc, .uti, and a few other DA file types).

I however dont know if the guys you are looking to mod are in that particular file tho. If they are a generic critter, I'm not sure which file they'd be located in.

ALSO- I know that StarDusk was able to use DAA weapons and armors for custom weapons/armors in the toolset after installing the Awakening in the OC mod. I do not know however if the files from that mod include the character .utc files. And cant ask him to find out, as he can't get the TS to work anymore :(

But its a few ideas. :confused:

Interesting thing in there, about the utc's being gxa instead of gen. Even though I cannot find Wynne's specific utc name (not listed in the designer utc's) I might give that a shot and see what happens. Worse thing is it doesn't work.

Interesting thing in there, about the utc's being gxa instead of gen. Even though I cannot find Wynne's specific utc name (not listed in the designer utc's) I might give that a shot and see what happens. Worse thing is it doesn't work.

Hey Dan-

Dunno if this is a hairbrained idea or not, but it was the lightbulb that popped up over my head so I thought I'd go ahead and pass it on.

Try hunting thru the designerdialogs.erf and see if you can find the dialogs for her (Wynn) and that might give you the name.

Might be like hunting for a needle in a small haystack, but it was an idea. :confused: