NifSkope textures not applying?

PR0JAX

I am sure there are many topics on this very problem, but none of them seem to fully address this issue and tutorials are... lacking.

So, being relatively new to NifSkope (but a 7 year veteran of the G.E.C.K. and Creation Kit) I've decided to attempt what should be a simple retexture, just to get more acquainted with the quirks of the software.

Essentially, I'm trying to replace one of the vanilla pre-war posters. Seemed easy enough at first. Just made a diffuse and normal map with GIMP (in DXT3 compression of course) then exported to .dds and tried clicking on the magical purple flower and pointed to the files.

It does nothing. The mesh remains a blank white.

Not sure if NifSkope did its job or not and I just wasn't able to see the results, I tried plugging it in the G.E.C.K. and it only appears as the default ground texture, which I assume means it's not picking up either texture file. Tried making sure directories were in the correct folder (FalloutNV/data/textures etc.) and NifSkope's render settings were working. All other meshes load normally.

This is incredibly frustrating. Just what am I doing wrong?

Ok. In all the tutorials I've come across, none of them mentioned UV maps.

That said, followed your directions and found that it was in the lower left corner, where as my retex encompasses the whole canvas.

So I think I fixed that, but it's showing up white still.

Alternatively.. you could just make a new texture set, and apply that to the mesh in GECK.

And yeah, what Pixelhate said.

If the mesh appears white in Nifskope, it's because in your render settings you set the path wrong. It should link to the data folder, not the textures folder in-case you did that.

Edited by ArekkusuStorm