LF experienced mod authors and/or people who know how to do the following

GrimmSpecter

could you guys help me then how do you script an intro like the one in the beginning of the game and the dragonborn dlc?

This is the point. If you cannot do this yourself (though this is a little more complicated, but doable), I do not think you should begin with such a (yes, it is) ambitious project. You want to be come better at this - and then go right ahead and astound us all. But doing this, you're not going to get much done and you might burn out and get angry because you can't do certain things yet.

i wont burn out and i want to learn things outside lvl design like you said i should the intro is just for a decent intro so that i can showcase what i can make again lvl design not that hard so im just trying to make it presentable im following your advice (/facepalm in no way helps so please keep a nice helpful topic here please) i might just close this topic and start a new one for anyone willing to help me learn stuff outside lvl design as i progress in making a good presentation that way others could use this as a guide too. then ill restart this thread with a more fleshed out idea. would you be willing to do this?

Ok man, a few of them tried to give you some pointers

There are tons and tons and tons of tutorials and information out there for you to get started, hell I have a couple really easy ones for basic scripting, quest setup, and follower setup, here

But seriously google is your friend, I created a full split quest mod with very very very limited knowledge back in 2012, see my sig for descent. Is it the greatest, no, did I manage it 100% flying solo off tutorials etc, yes.

I am sorry but without proof of work and skill a lot of people will not take time to help you. I spent almost a full day on the shivering isles esp to get it fixed and used my valuable time, because he has something, he is working on something, I even offered to skype teach them how to easily script quests scenes etc, because they have something done and are showing promise.

You posted a "Help me" topic, there are very few of us with the full skillset of the CK to go around and I can almost 100% guarantee you that with terrible grammar, no proof of concept, only a idea, and you clearly not even using google to get some basic knowledge, that none of us will actually burn our time to help.

I have no problem taking time to help people, I have helped tons via skype, dozens of messages etc, but they all show by far more than you have yet to

/facepal, is because you did not take anything the guys before said to heart, and you will probably not take this to heart

I worked for months on discworld before venturing out to ask people to help, and by the time I did I had made sure to learn at least something about almost every aspect of the CK and have a entire landmass in existence with 3 prior published mods. To get other modders on board you need something to show for it. There are few of us to go around and even fewer yet who will sit as second on a project, they have to believe in what you are doing, they have to trust you to get it done. You have no prior work, no proof of concept, a clear lack of knowledge, and you are asking for help and people to teach you. All the easy lessons are there in the happy google. If you had come out with a half built city and people walking around and asked for help on how to set up ai's and the like, I probably would have helped.

So TL:DR

Do something first or show that you are worthy to lead someone before asking people to join your project, and at least take the basic steps to learn how to do something before asking for people to teach you stuff

On that note, level design is something a lot of other people are looking for, myself included, so if you perchance want to be on a team and get some experience and maybe some credentials and likely help (I am known to barter knowledge for levels, done it in the past :) you might want to look into that. We are not being 'mean' in any sense of the word, just real man

im insulted that you say that i wont take things to heart and that "and you clearly not even using google to get some basic knowledge" i infact am and will be trying to lern more other then that i fully appreciate the feed back and do intend to get something out to prove my competence as well as boost my skills in other areas so thanks i think your vids are a great help too

Lol I for one doubt that any public education system puts in a "Best" effort

But if your grammar is just that bad and you ignore all the red underlines, because it's spelling as well, get someone else to write up the next forum post when you are ready to showcase something, it will help trust me. And sorry if it came off as insulting, you have to realize there are loads and loads of people who come out with great ideas and want help with all aspects, and then they fall into oblivion and never show up again. Modding for skyrim, especially bigger projects is akin to boxing, you are never going to get good at it unless you are willing to get the living crap kicked out of you over and over and over as you learn and improve. I wish you luck and hope you are a exception to the rule.

I type my forum/mod posts up in a word program first and then use a spell check online program to help with my spelling and grammar. I too am a product of the lovely American school systems and I came from some pretty lower "class/poor" areas for most my schooling (on top of learning disabilities, it was tons of "fun").

Just something to help you perhaps look more "professional" with your mod posts, at the very least your spelling can be pretty good.

HIGHLIGHT = Pay attention to these words.

-------------------------

*sigh*

Google is your friend man...

I may not be the best guy at Modding (I mostly know level design, dialogue systems, and A.I.) but I believe you should LEARN TO MOD FIRST before you start such a massive project. (I mean really? 45 NPCs? Come on now, I couldn't do that back in September when I first started modding and neither can you...)

I have a project called Windfall and since I learned how to do the basics and intermediate things I have gotten pretty far with this project and even received praise from great modders like Matthaiswagg (He is no troll my friend, he is a outstanding modder.)

Please, Please LEARN TO DO IT YOURSELF FIRST and then you can come back and post recruiting threads.

Also a final note..If you really want to be a good modder and have a team then please learn proper grammar. Some people might get frustrated or irritated if they can barely read your post...

I am not the best at my grammar, so I USE SPELL CHECK FOR EVERY SINGLE POST. (It's can definitely help you out my friend.)

Also don't mess with Darren83, he doesn't mess around lol :laugh: