Change Leliana face with an existing mor file

bravejohn

Hello all! I want to change Lelianas face with a mor file I created myself.But I have a problem.wekk this is what I have done.

1)created character and started game

2)With the Face replacer utility I have extracted my character from save game into .mor file

3)I have opened face.erm with toolset and scrolled down until I found leliana.the exact name was hf_genfl_leliana.mor

4)now I rename my characters mor file (the one I extracted with face replacer) into hf_genfl_leliana.mor

5)in toolset in the face.erf file I selected import and I chose my hf_genfl_leliana.mor file.

6)It says that there is already file with this name and that it will be replaced.OK

7)Now is the problem.When I try to save the file it gives me error "Unable to creaty backup file or copy temporary output"

Am I doing something wrong?I am not an expert in computer :P but I am trying my best.

All the guides I have read so far are telling how to modify the face via the toolset, but I dont want to do it like this it is seems too difficult to me.

I have my character face ready in mor file, I just want to put him in game as leliana.

If anyone could give simple step by step guide to do this I would appreciated a lot!

Thank you in advance!

(sorry for my bad English)

Importing the file with the toolset as you have described may ruin your game which hopefully is why it won't let you. It is not necessary to do that. Just take the hf_genfl_leliana.mor file that you made and put it in your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder and your face should appear on Leliana in game.

Importing the file with the toolset as you have described may ruin your game which hopefully is why it won't let you. It is not necessary to do that. Just take the hf_genfl_leliana.mor file that you made and put it in your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder and your face should appear on Leliana in game.

Thank you very much!It didnt cross my mind :P

I ll do that now.

Hello , - I have been away for some time and I am not updated regarding new mods and tools, -

therefore I have to ask a (maybe stupid) question :

You are talking about a "Face replacer utillity" , - where do I get that ?

I have some nice player faces I would like to use on companions , - so please explain .

(have tried to search Nexus with no luck)

You don't need a utility to replace NPC or companion faces, you just need to rename the mor file you wish to use and place it in your My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override folder.

Companions:

Alistair: hm_genfl_alistair.mor

Morrigan: hf_genfl_morrigan.mor

Leliana (human): hf_genfl_leliana.mor

Leliana (elf mod): ef_genfl_leliana.mor

Sten: qm_genfl_sten.mor

Zeveran: em_genfl_zevran.mor

Wynne (human): hf_genfl_wynne.mor

Wynne (elf mod): ef_genfl_wynne.mor

Oghren: dm_genfl_oghren.mor

For the NPC's I would recommend you try out Dragon Age Redesigned Version 7-3 as it changes most of the faces in the game in three possible ways. By doing so, you can use the names of the files it installs should you decide to change one or two faces that you may not like.

The utility you speak of is only to change the PC's face. It is called the DragonAge Face Replacer. It does require that you install Python to use but it is a fairly simple operation to do so and takes up little space.

Heyas Carl :)

The app that they are talking about is newbypower's DA face replacer, located here- http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=428

You can however, also modify the character via editing their "charactername".utc file in the toolset. For instance if you wanted to add a new face to alistair, you'd just do a search for "alistair" in the toolset with the all icon selected and then when you found "ailistair.utc" under (I believe) the SECOND "Global" listing and then right click on it and choose open local copy. Scroll down to where it lists his morph, and then change the morph name listed there, to the filename of the morph you are wanting to use. Such as for example "hm_genfl_Alistair.mor" to "thisname.mor" and then save the edited .utc file to your override folder.

OR

You can just make a copy of the file that you are wanting to use for such and such character by right clicking on the file itself, then choose Rename in the Rickt Click (RC) options menu. You do however need to know what the character's morph name is

Ah Rusty Ninja'd me! Hahaha good one Rusty ;)

For Origins, the names are all very simple. They start out with an abbreviation that is their Race, then their Gender. So....

HM- Human Male

HF- Human Female

EM- Elf Male

EF- Elf Female

DM- Dwarf Male

DF- Dwarf Female

QM- Qunari Male (Sten)

(there is no race for Qunari Female in the vanilla game files)

which will always be separated by an underscore "_" and then genfl_ "character name".

In DAA they use a different code. Instead of using the "genfl" it uses gxa000fl. So for instance, Sigrun would be df_gxa000fl_sigrun.mor. hm_gxa000fl_Alistair.mor , or hm_gxa000fl_anders.mor, hf_gxa000fl_wynn.mor etc etc etc.

Leliana's Song used a different code in there than DAO as well. Her morph for LS is hf_lel000_leliana. (Copy and paste that to notepad if you want to make sure which letters and numbers are which. Its L and Zero. Our forum font makes that difficult to tell ;) ) Tho I am not sure if ALL the LS morphs share that type of filename, tho I would think that they do.

And I'm afraid that I have no idea what code the Darkspawn Chronicle's DLC uses :( Sorry about that :(

Thanks for your help guys. :smile:

I have downloaded the DA face replacer , and as I allready have Python on my PC from the Oblivion modding days,

it was quite easy to get started and extract the players .mor face file from the save-game .das file.

I am glad to be able to customize the look of my companions , so thanks again ... :thumbsup: