Blender - Read This 1st

LHammonds

i am trying to install blender on my laptop but when i get to the blender part it skips the two steps before "click Finish" and when i install PyFFI it wont let me select the correct python or the blender option. can anyone help?

Did you follow the install instructions in the 1st post?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any video tutorials that any of you have made, or at least watched and learned from, that give a basic beginner some knowledge of Blender 2.49 and how to move about and do basic things within the program? I've looked through the "Blender Noob to Pro" on wiki and quite honestly that is too confusing. I'd rather learn by watching. I've searched on Youtube and most, if not all, of the videos I have found on the basics of Blender and interface, etc, are for later versions of Blender.. like 2.6 or up. Hence my next question. Is Blender 2.49b the latest version that we can use along with the Nifscript tool for importing nif files? I'm currently using (heh, trying to use) 2.49b because I was unable to get the script to function with any later versions of Blender.

Anyway, just a few video tutorials on the very basics of Blender 2.49b, or a link to a newer nifscripts tool that will work with later versions of Blender so that I can follow along with some of the tutorials I've found. I have tried the videos for the more recent releases of Blender and some of it goes along with what I see in 2.49 but most of it is way too confusing because the interface has changed in later versions.

Any and all help is appreciated, either through here or PM. Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Noob to Pro is incredibly frustrating to use with 2.49b, as it's now been updated to later versions. If you want directions for 2.49b, you have to go into the history of each page and hunt down the right version. Especially problematic as the buttons window has been completely changed, as well as some hotkeys.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I am new to Blender and to modding, this is my very first step,

thank you for this resource I really appreciate it!

Sorry about not being around to reply sooner but for those with the same problem, don't worry, I have the Noob-2-Pro PDF attached to the Blender page here at the Nexus.

LHammonds

• 4 months later...

Now i know i'm getting old. I've read the OP, and followed some of the links. This may be too much for feeble old me. But where modelling is concerned, i have no other option than Blender, as all others are so expensive that i cannot afford them, and ever since the first pirates arrived way back in the eighties when i was your age, my mission is to exterminate them.

Thank you very much for the high quality OP (that is if that means Opening Post), and i'll try not to be tempted to skip bits, work through the tutorials, build tiny things, and hope i'm not dead before i get my first models into my sweet old morrowind mega mod. I have visions. Blender might be the key. The Open Source Community is very very dear to me. I think they deserve some Nobel Prize or other, for keeping so many poor souls out of the Pirates' claws... Peace!