The best set up/operating system to run The Elder scrolls with mods...

msdefense

Hello,

I've been playing this game solely on my PS3 for a year now and want to get more out of it, so I've decided to break down and finally purchase a new computer to hook up to my 50" HD flat panel with surround system. Before spending the money however, I would really like some facts and opinions from those who would know and care.

Thank you

Edited by msdefense

All personal preference, if you want advice I would say fix a price point in your head then then either buy the best machine or put one together yourself that doesn't exceed your price point. For practical I assume you might do other computer games so good video card, ram and cpu is the most important components of the system.

All personal preference, if you want advice I would say fix a price point in your head then then either buy the best machine or put one together yourself that doesn't exceed your price point. For practical I assume you might do other computer games so good video card, ram and cpu is the most important components of the system.

Good advice here. I would add that,if you are going to be hooking this up to a TV, spend more on the video card. Skyrim will run just fine on a mid-grade cpu, so no need to go nuts there (although if you can afford to go nuts, it wouldn't hurt). 8mb of ram is plenty. A lot of folks seem to prefer windows 7 for their gaming systems saying it works better; I've never used it so I can't comment (I'm running win 8.1) but I thought I would throw that out there.

Thank you both for your Input! I will more than likely do my own build. I was up rather late last night researching CPU's, video cards, hard drives and sound cards. Thank you again! Have a great and safe New Year!