Skyrim drops to 1 fps on powerful PC? Help!

PROgamerIV

For anyone else that's having problems with FPS dropping while turning here are some things you can do to alleviate some pain. Aside from 'man of steel's fix which I find very unique, unique in the case that I've never heard of that.

While turning your Graphics card is trying to take in all the data in front of the character and if you have lots of texture mods that will eat up all your FPS.

Before you troubleshoot your system download "skyrim performance monitor" launch it and make sure the skyrim skses shortcut is on there to launch it from.

Monitor your VRAM usage during gameplay. My skyrim has at times taken up 3.6 gb of vram with 300 mods and 255 plugins so if your VIDEO card has 4gb you will be hitting your max so take a look at that in different areas of the game.

Fixes-Shadows...shadows will kill your FPS if you have a so so system even good PC's will suffer FPS at the hand of shadows I recommend High, and on the next page in steam skyrim on distance numbers drop those down also a bit it helps.

UGRIDSTOLOAD I recommend 5 anything higher than that and your system on ULTRA will not be able to handle the turning.

Heavy scripting will also kill your PC sometimes scripts run in the background from old mods, get rid of them by running "savetool" it's on the nexus download it "fix orphan scripts" save.

Hope this helps those that are still having trouble.