Can't save scripts made in the GECK?!

RetroNutcase

Use the idtor id and not the. Item id. The item id is the string of numbers, the editor is the name (MyPerkName).

The ingame console uses the item (hex) id, but scripts made in the geck use the editor id

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this issue in the past - like I spent 2 hours trying to get it working. It eventually fixed itself somehow, but then I tried doing it again in an update and had the same issue. That time I had forgotten to put an important line in the script, which is probably what is happening with yours - you're missing something, or something is off just a tiny bit that causes it to error, and it won't tell you what this is.

I can post the script I used that worked for me when I get home so you can use it as a reference - if you haven't fixed it by then.

Use the idtor id and not the. Item id. The item id is the string of numbers, the editor is the name (MyPerkName).

The ingame console uses the item (hex) id, but scripts made in the geck use the editor id

As I mentioned, I am using the hex ID (item ID) and not the editor ID. Thanks, though.

Yes, you DON'T use the hex in a script. The hex ID is for use in the CONSOLE only.

Use the perk name (LadyKiller) rather than the string of numbers in the script and it'll work. Again, you do NOT use the hex string in a script.

It should look like this in the script.

Player.addperk LadyKiller

Yes, you DON'T use the hex in a script. The hex ID is for use in the CONSOLE only.

Use the perk name (LadyKiller) rather than the string of numbers in the script and it'll work. Again, you do NOT use the hex string in a script.

Sorry, I misread your post. Thanks, I'll try it.

Edit: Tried it. That may be one thing that was wrong, but it still doesn't work. I appreciate the assistance, and I'm sorry again for misreading your earlier post.