⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Can't save scripts made in the GECK?!

RetroNutcase

It may be helpful to look at the cipscis.com tutorials to understand more about the basics of scripting. Once you understand more about if/else/endif, you may have different questions. Then please (a) use [ code ] tags to post code so the indentation is maintained, so it is easier to read; and (b) post the exact error message including line numbers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ScriptName TerminalScript

;Script for playing movies

Short Button

Short ButtonPressed

Begin OnActivate

Set ButtonPressed To 1

End

Begin GameMode

if (ButtonPressed == 1)

Set Button To GetButtonPressed

PlayBink "TerminalMovies\LT - fnvvidtest.BiK" 1 1 1 1

Elseif (Button == 1)

endif

end

-----------------------------

Now Igot it to save but when I click on the terminal nothing happens no on screen menu and the terminal does nothing. Within the Terminal I did selected the script.

now if i understand it correctly playbink"TerminalMovies\LT refers to where the file is so in my data dir I made a dir called TerminalMovies and put the file there.

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!

Trying to make Misty Companion work with NVSE 2

Script doesn't save at all...

scn qqeNVSEcheckSCRIPT

short CheckNVSEonce
short UserHasNVSE
short UserHasSunny
ref SunnyBaseObject
ref SunnySmiles

BEGIN GameMode

IF CheckNVSEonce == 0
set CheckNVSEonce to 1
	If GetNVSEVersion >= 1
		;set UserHasNVSE to 1
		if IsModLoaded "SunnyCompanion.esp" == 1 && UserHasSunny == 0
			set UserHasSunny to 1
			SetAlly qqeMistyFaction SunnySmilesFaction 0 0
			set SunnyBaseObject to "00104E84"
		elseif IsModLoaded "SunnyCompanion.esp" == 0 && UserHasSunny == 1
			SunnySmiles.SetPlayerTeammate 0
			set CheckNVSEonce to 1
			else
				set UserHasNVSE to 1
				set CheckNVSEonce to 1
		endif
	endif
ENDIF

StopQuest qqeNVSEcheck

END

Please help!

-----

Please excuse me! Forgot to lunch geck with nvse =)

-----

Still no result =( can't save...

-----

My bad, True solution was nvse_loader -editor by admin

Edited by NiveusEverto

I'm also having issues with a script. I'm trying to build an armory that when you store a weapon or armor, it gets displayed. I to the point of setting the script in place. I've tried the GECK Power-Up, and nothing. I can't save the script.

ScriptName FSHWeaponsTestScript

short button

Begin onactivate
IF IsActionRef player  ==1
	showmessage FSHTestMessage
endif
End

Begin Gamemode

set button to getbuttonpressed
if button == 0
	FSHTestBoxREF.Activate Player 1
endif

;WeapNV9mmPistolUnique
If ( FPHMariaREF.getitemcount WeapNV9mmPistolUnique >= 1 )
	FPHMariaREF.enable
else
	FPHMariaREF.disable
EndIf

End

If you cannot save a script and you do not get any error message, it means you have not installed and run geck powerup. Probably there is a small spelling error in one of your names. If you follow the instructions in the geck powerup installation, then saving a script with an error will *always* generate an error dialog.

If you cannot save a script and you do not get any error message, it means you have not installed and run geck powerup. Probably there is a small spelling error in one of your names. If you follow the instructions in the geck powerup installation, then saving a script with an error will *always* generate an error dialog.

This is actually not true. I just ran the geck powerup and tried and it still doesn't work. Just says "do you want to save the current script? Current = " and does nothing.

Though it's not likely the problem here, there is also the chance of your changes not being saved due to you running either FOMM or FNVEdit at the same time (definitely FNVEdit) while the GECK is up.

Just something to keep in mind...thought I'd throw that in there.

There are two different "save" buttons. One is in the script window, and the other is in the main menu/toolbar. You are correct that if the game is running, the main menu save button will not work. This is because the file is locked by the operating system. However, there is only one explanation I know of when the script window save button does nothing: geck power up is not running and the script has an error. Edited by davidlallen

• 3 months later...

I think I found out what is the trouble. GECK doesn't show any error messages anymore. So if your script contains an error you can't save it. This is not a very good move from Bethseda because working with scripts get's a lot harder. I verify this assumption in the moment.

Edit:

Yes that's the reason. If you got an error in a script you can't save it.

+1 Thanks!