Used console command to advance a level now the level meter doesn'

SpellAndShield

The same thing happened in FO3. If you use the advlevel command, then it won't track your xp gain until you level up again (but you still earn it and can still view it in the pipboy)

You can avoid it by using the command playe.rewardxp <however much you need>

So I can still level up normally?

sif cheat levels.. such a stupid thing to do

It's basically cheating yourself out of fun. It means less play time and that when you reach level 30 you won't feel like you accomplished anything because you cheated..

guns.. ammos.. no clip.. even tgm.. i could level with you.. but permanently making your character a "cheat" character is pretty lame imo

/rant

sif cheat levels.. such a stupid thing to do

It's basically cheating yourself out of fun. It means less play time and that when you reach level 30 you won't feel like you accomplished anything because you cheated..

guns.. ammos.. no clip.. even tgm.. i could level with you.. but permanently making your character a "cheat" character is pretty lame imo

/rant

So I cheat in fact I use trainers to advance.

RewardXP is definitely the much better way to do it. And don't do large bumps, do just enough to push you over into the next level, then rinse-repeat.

(RewardXP is the function used in a lot of the quest scripts, so it's safe. I don't know of any scripts, except maybe the Here and Now perk that would use the advance level function.)