Spriggans, Help wanted.

RogerRed

http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/images/101/7342688-1427861887.pngFor a while now I've been working on a sprigggan based mod to add males to the species and give the females a slight make over and it involves altered and new textures, but every time I save an altered texture or a new one I get invisible meshes. I use gimp to convert the PNG to dds. I use BC3 / DXT5 compression, Default Format and leave the minni map box unchecked. I use nifscope to set the texture path and save. still nothing. I already abandoned this once because of this same obstacle but would like to try again any help is welcome.http://static-5.nexusmods.com/15/images/101/7342688-1427848604.png

Edited by RogerRed

Textures need to have mipmaps enabled.

Could you post here a screenie of the whole NiNode-Scene Root tree with all branches unfolded so we can see exactly all the settings inside the diverse branches?

And if you want, you can send me the files (nifs and dds) so I can check them by myself.

Because this project of yours is totally AWESOME and I definitely want it.

Cheers!

Sorry it took a while to get time to get on the forum. I'm not sure how to send the files to you Mr coast but I tried the textures on the vanilla spriggan meshes and they worked just fine so that means that either there is something wrong with the meshes or I am not exporting them correctly. There are no errors when exporting them and I can see the different meshes being export in the user preference bar and they show up in nifscope, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong so I'm still in limbo, and again any help is welcome.

Here are screenshots

And no Mr Masterson they will not giggle, they will not sway their hips when they walk the males should appear as cool as the females are seductive.

Dear Mr Red,

The first thing that comes to my mind is, you stripifyied the mesh and combined the materials to improve performance. Vanilla creatures are all built with NiTriShapes, not NiTriStrips, and while I don't know for sure, perhaps this could make a difference.

Try exporting your mesh with the default export values, hit the Restore Default Settings for selected game, and this time be sure the Stripify Geometries and Combine materials are unactive. Enable also the Don't Use Blender Collision Properties.

If that fails, send me a package containing all your working files (blend file, raw GIMP texture file, your current dds textures -also the normalmap- and the nif files), I'm sending you my e-mail address via PM, and I'll have a look at them and try to figure what is happening.

Cheers!