Can verifying integrity of game cache via Steam help fix CTDs?

interfer0n

Lately, I verified the integrity of game cache via Steam, and it notified me that 5 files failed to be validated.

After installing these remaining files, my game's performance seemed to have.. improved?

For example:

Whenever I switch my magic skills via the Favorites menu from SkyUI, it doesn't stutter as much as before. In other words, there were fewer delays between switching.

The CTDs I have had lately is not a memory block issue, but rather perhaps reaching the 3.1GB crash limit.

To confirm this, I installed Skyrim Performance Monitor (available on Nexus) and launched my Skyrim game from the program. Unfortunately, I'm using an ENB, so an in-game counter was not available. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the graphs displayed after closing the game, but for right now, I'm not sure which options has been providing my gameplay with more stability:

-Verify integrity of game cache via Steam

OR

-Skyrim Performance Monitor

It's most likely verifying integrity of game cache files, but I find it hard to believe that merely 5 files have helped with stability and reducing CTDs after spending countless hours following guides for memory patches.

Going back to the main question: Can verifying integrity of game cache via Steam help fix CTDs?

Edited by interfer0n

It can, with a caveat: you have to go through and re-clean your masters after you do so (you have done that before, right?). Granted it's not a terribly complicated task, but it does need to be redone. Also, if you've edited your .ini files, it's a good idea to make a copy of those elsewhere as they will also get overwritten.