Stuck in the Fade

skytale

Meh...the Fade.

I've had a couple of appearance glitches in there.

My biggest problem with the Fade is that it can take up to a minute for the quest to update and record the fact that I've just killed one of the Fade Demons - I have to sit there and wait for the game to update before I can go on.

... Sometimes, I would just skip the fade by using console command just to save myself from troubles ...

Or you could just use this: "Skip the Fade", (although you still have to fight the final battle with Sloth) and get all the XP and attribute points as if you had actually done everything. :thumbsup:

I'm sure it would help but currently I play offical campaigns only if I need references. I'm working on my own stand alone module, so I try to minimize the use of non Bioware's DLC Modules to avoid conflicts. I will download and test it though, to see if it cause any conflict to my mod.

Thanks for the advise. :thumbsup:

"Skip the Fade" isn't exactly a new module. It's a script that let's you, well... "Skip" a section of the OC. It simply sets the plot-flags and adds the XP and attribute points as if you had done the things you would have done to get to the same point in the story. It opens the way for you to have each of the individual "Nightmare" fights to free the companion who were with you when you entered the Fade, and then the Boss Battle with Sloth.

But re-reading your response above, you seem to indicate that you may be having a conflict with your WIP custom mod. Is that the case?

... Sometimes, I would just skip the fade by using console command just to save myself from troubles ...

Or you could just use this: "Skip the Fade", (although you still have to fight the final battle with Sloth) and get all the XP and attribute points as if you had actually done everything. :thumbsup:

I'm sure it would help but currently I play offical campaigns only if I need references. I'm working on my own stand alone module, so I try to minimize the use of non Bioware's DLC Modules to avoid conflicts. I will download and test it though, to see if it cause any conflict to my mod.

Thanks for the advise. :thumbsup:

"Skip the Fade" isn't exactly a new module. It's a script that let's you, well... "Skip" a section of the OC. It simply sets the plot-flags and adds the XP and attribute points as if you had done the things you would have done to get to the same point in the story. It opens the way for you to have each of the individual "Nightmare" fights to free the companion who were with you when you entered the Fade, and then the Boss Battle with Sloth.

There is another version of Skip the Fade that comes with the Dragon Age Mutator 014 that skips everything but the game-crashing battle with Sloth.

• 9 years later...

I have done this quest many times with different characters, but this time I am stuck with Wynne - we killed everything but then it doesn't do the popup at the end where she fades away so I can use the teleporter to the final battle with the sloth - is there a command I can put in to rectify this problem?

I have done this quest many times with different characters, but this time I am stuck with Wynne - we killed everything but then it doesn't do the popup at the end where she fades away so I can use the teleporter to the final battle with the sloth - is there a command I can put in to rectify this problem?

Have you tried these 'fixes' suggested on the Dragon Age Wiki?

Sometimes the second cut-scene in each nightmare, the one to take place after the companions are freed, where they disappear, will not trigger as intended. The Warden may be stuck repeating their last dialogue with the companion. Walking a distance - as far as possible in these small areas - and then trying again to talk to the companion seems to be a viable work-around for these issues.

• Another quick workaround for any companion nightmare glitch, when after the mobs have been killed the cutscene doesn't trigger, is to go into Golem form and use Quake. If you have floating damage text enabled you will see damage numbers even though no mobs are visible. The cut-scene should trigger after the quake ends.

I might be blind (or stupid) but I don't see a debug script for either Broken Circle or the Lost in Dreams sub-quest... *scratches head*