Is there a script to change ownership of a cell?

angelmendez003

MHIYH lets you give your followers a home to stay at when you dismiss them.

Along with that you can tell them to work here at these hours, sleep there at those hours, eat dinner here at these hours, eat breakfast here at these hours.

Basically the just sandbox at the duty location you tell them.

They will travel across world spaces and cells to do their duties.

eg: Tell them that Lakeview is their home.

Tell them to eat breakfast at Riverwood.

Tell them to work at whiterun.

Tell them to eat dinner at the bannered mare.

Tell them to sleep at Lakeview.

The tenant will do the trip day in and day out going to the places you told them.

So once you dismiss your follower they head to the home you game them and they do the duties you assigned them (if any).

Supports up to 256 dismissed followers.

Has many little other features and a MCM management interface so you can quick travel to any tenant or their assigned duty locations.

Tell a tenant to come to you, tell groups of tenants to do a duty here, evict, come to you, follow, relax etc.

There are many small features to organize existing tenants or for adding tenants in various ways.

Next version adds so you can spawn furniture and just about anything else anytime, anywhere.

You access the items you can spawn via key press and a gift menu opens with the selection items you can spwan.

You can ad items to the gift menu while traveling around.

basically you can, move, rotate, scale, tilt, snap multi part items together with a key press (eg: multi part rugs, bars, counters, walls, shack parts...etc), duplicate, add to the gift menu, rename and so much more

Can spawn bookcases, display cases, weapon racks, weapon plaques, plantable soil (for growing what you want), idle and furniture markers (so your tenants will lean against walls, lay in a pool of water, lean on railings, counters, bars, tables, sit on ledges etc), Lights (to give a nice glow in a fireplace or near a candle etc) .

These types of items you would normally have to set up in CK, but with next version of MHIYH they can be spawned and manipulated in real time while you play.

Turn a dry bit of land into an oasis. turn a barren cave into a getaway, give the town beggar a palace to live in, all up to your imagination.

Deck out follower homes the way you like with what you like and who you like.

That's my style of playing the game these days.

Edit: Back on topic...

Here, have a play with your test mod, pretty boring, haven't done much with it, but it was mainly to see how I'd go about doing things, eg: force greet, illusion of the customer buying something...etc

2 stalls at Whiterun.

3 stalls actually, but Fralia Gray-Mayne seems to be blocking the purchase dialogue, even though your mod is set to work with her.

I didn't bother seeing if I do her quests and what not if it frees her dialogue and the purchase dialogue may offer, not sure.

But Anoriath and Carlotta both appear to work fine.

Buy their stall, read the book stock the stall inventory (you get a little stock when you first purchase, but it doesn't go far).

Tell the merchant to "Take a break" and they will wander off.

the rest you easily work out.

Replace any files with these (back up first)

Use it on a game save that has not had your quest run on it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you made the tenants more realistic with their own routines and their allowed to do things for you, that's pretty cool to have, especially if you can have them fetch for items and such. I had a similar idea but it was for the guilds. When you complete a guild storyline you usually become the guild leader of that faction for example the dark brotherhood. I wanted to make the initiates be able to complete missions for you and fetch for items and such.

now thats cool, so you want to make some sort of editor system that runs on real time, I like that idea, I'm sure people will create homes on the fly wherever they want, its hard to work with the CK but having something like that just for building things would be way easier for the players to do.

I tried the mod you sent me, everything seems to work fine but for some reason I don't get any customers to force greet me, my character is a vampire and my speechcraft skill is at 20. is it because I'm a vampire or my speechcraft is too low, what is the average time they come to you?

Could be 2 things,

1) I didn't include the current SEQ file.

If your not getting the Dialoge to ask them to take a break, then it's the SEQ is different to the last SEQ file.

Here's the current SEQ:

2) Major reason: your running an old version of SKSE?

If this is the case, then customers will never approach.

Due to I use a SKSE function in the trigger script to stop customers approaching if nothing is in the chest.

GetNumItem() if that function isn't there then it's the same as saying there's nothing in the chest, don't approach me.

(Also use SKSE GetNthForm() in the actually random purchase function after you say yes to them buying)

Update your SKSE, current version of SKSE is 1.7.3 and yes it works fine.

If neither of those solve it, then I can't guess any further.

Speech has nothing to do with them approaching you and asking "How Much"

Edit:

Looks like I packed older esp when I packed it originally.

Overrwite the old ones with these (use on a save that has not run the mod):

yeahhhh it worked lol, I had to install the SKSE and it worked like a charm :D its pretty funny to see random people get up to the stall and buy things from me. This is really cool, I can see this mod coming around for sure. Can this system work in an interior cell? I have no idea how to make NPCs travel to a location?

Thanks I appreciate this a lot, I'm definitely going to take a look at what you did and apply it to the shop I have set up, I'm going to see how you pars actors with different aliases and how you structure your dialogues to fire in order. Once we have the stall done and the general goods shop complete then I can try to apply this to the other professions like blacksmithing and etc.

Updated the esp and seq again in prior post, the No to sell option wasn't in the ESP I originally packed.

I'll add the Bannered mare in when I get home later today.

Won't take long to add it as I have made it so I can just add another trigger, chest, book and fill script properties and done.

In exterior worldsapce I removed the SetActorOwnership.

But for interior I'll add the cell ownership, easy enough to check if it's an interior, if so then set ownership.

As for the NPC changing cell, you won't need to worry, they will go where ever there current AI Package tells them.

awesome thanks :D

I took a look at the mod and I see you don't use the dialogue view, I see everything done in the player dialogue section, you don't like to use the dialogue view or is it easier to use the player one? Sometimes when I'm looking for an NPC's dialogue in the dialogue view I see it completely empty.

I find the dialogue view hard to follow, specially if your on a smaller Screen and having to scroll and move crap around.

It's a bit like windows OS to me.

eg: You look in windows and you have My Documents and you store files there.

If windows wasn't loaded and you wanted to navigate the drive where My Documents is, you have no idea becuase windows shows my documents a a virtual folder while in windows (well I know where it is, but the whole dummy bs windows system is full of "make it easier for the user", while making the user not know where anything really is).

Dialogue view is like that to me, it all points to the player dialogue tab, and I find it easeier to view the player dialogue tab and know what and where everything is in the stack.

Yeah I know what you mean, GUIs vs the command prompt. I'm more of a GUI person but if its cluttered with so many menus and buttons then its the same as a cmd in which if you don't know the commands then you can't navigate either way.

Besides that, I'm going to see if I can correct my dialogue for the realtor. I'm going to try it this time using your method and seeing if it will fall into place. After that I can move on to the interesting part of changing the interior of the store based on which kind of shop you decide to open up.

• 3 months later...

Depends on if the items are as owned by another faction or actor owner.

So for a cell that has items that aren't owned by anything else then setting ownership of the cell will be the governing owner (in most cases).

If some items in the cell have been set to a owner, then setting the cell owner will not change the original owner.

Example go into an Inn and the food on the tables is flagged as Steal when you target it.

You set cell ownership player faction or player and the food will no longer be flagged as steal.

But if the food had an individual owner then they will still be flagged as steal.

Anotehr example:

In Riverwood outside at the Blacksmiths when you first get to town.

There are ingots under the workbench and they show as steal before you befriend the blacksmith.

There are also weapons/armor on the table.

If you stand there and set cell ownership, the ingots under the bench won't be flagged as steal any longer.

But the weapons/armor on the table will still be flagged as steal.

So cell ownership is sort of hard to tell what items will be flagged or not.

Another example:

At Septimus Signus little ice cave where he has a cupboard with some firesalts and some gems and whatnot.

When you complete his mission and he dies the stuff on the shelves is still flagged as steal.

Setting Cell ownership in the ice cave does not remove the steal flag.

Another example:

In Windhelm in Calixto's house if you set cell ownership, most stuff on the shelves are no longer flagged as steal.

If your wondering how I find some of this out, it's due to my own mod has a set cell ownership function...lol

And I abuse it regularly :smile:

Mainly when I'm in an Inn, tavern or Shops.

Due to how many times I've accidentally picked something up when I didn't mean to and all the cells occupants go hostile.

I also have so I can target an item and it removes ownership at the press of a button.

Handy for when you get dead or missing owners that the stuff is still flagged as steal.

Also beats having to use the console to do the same thing :smile:

Wait wh ich of y our m ods has it for individual items? I never saw that function in MHIYH only the cell ownership one (whihc I also tend to abuse hwen I want to move my self or osmeone else in to a cell or fix some broken onwership issues like in Lance's show Room)