megageeklizzy

I would do some testing and investigating of various actor values. Many of them do nothing at all inherently because they are left over from previous iterations of the game engine. Others are used exclusively by NPCs or specific game systems. For example aggression does nothing for the PC. You can use these values combined with a perk to recreate the effects of attributes and skills.

It should be relatively simple to create a book that the player can keep in their inventory that will keep track of all of these values.

The scripted skill described in the tutorial above is very similar to the way that werewolf and vampire lord skills are implemented in Dawnguard, so if you have Dawnguard then it would be worth checking those out.

I wouldn't touch any actor values that are used by NPCs as they are there to determine how NPCs behave. Blank ones are fair game however, but it could cause conflictions if other mods use them too. The book method is possible but would be clunky and kind of bland. I think there is an SKSE event that detects when a menu is opened so it could be used to force a GUI over the normal skill menu.

I'm in favour of this mod and want to see it implemented so I'll have a look at the scrip as soon as I can.

Personally I would rather open a book to track my skills than look at an MCM menu. Since you can display images in books it would only be as bland as you make it. (Seriously, how could a book be more clunky and bland than an MCM menu?)

Actor values that are there to determine how NPCs behave have no influence on the PC since the player determines how the PC behaves, so I don't see the harm in recycling them. I haven't really seen many mods making use of actor values which is part of the reason I suggested it. Anyway as a perk overhaul such conflicts are to be expected.

Edited by lofgren