Draw Distance?

Belgianfox

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas for a while now and the lack of draw distance's been bothering me a lot.

I'm a huge realism freak, having over a hundred mods installed but this thing is still bothering me.

Is there any way to increase draw distance beyond the max settings?

Thanks in advance!! ^^

Bumping your topic after 11 minutes is a bit overkill. :P

Anyway, I found some tweaks you might try.

fBlockLoadDistanceLow=50000

fTreeLoadDistance=40000

These two variables are actually quite important for overall Level of Detail. They correspond to the Object LOD Fade and Tree LOD Fade settings available in the Launcher options and are covered in the In-Game Settings section. In effect they determine the visible distance for buildings and trees respectively. In the Launcher they're restricted as to how high you can raise them, however here you can raise them to very high values (e.g. to =500000) and thus increase the number of buildings, objects and trees visible in the distance.

fTreeLoadDistance doesn't exist in Fallout_default.ini, the file used in New Vegas but if you load up the aforementioned Fallout_default.ini in a text editor you'll find a block named [TerrainManager] that contains the fBlockLoadDistanceLow variable along with several other interesting variables that seem to control draw distance.

fSplitDistanceMult=1.5 - This variable is the same as the Land Quality Launcher option (See In-Game Settings section). However while the Launcher slider only goes up to a value of 1.5, by raising it further here (e.g. to a value of =10), you will get a more noticeable increase in the level of detail in distant landscapes, although FPS will similarly be reduced by a noticeable amount

Experiment with these settings as you wish, but remember to back up the .ini file first. :thumbsup:

Bumping your topic after 11 minutes is a bit overkill. :P

Anyway, I found some tweaks you might try.

fBlockLoadDistanceLow=50000

fTreeLoadDistance=40000

These two variables are actually quite important for overall Level of Detail. They correspond to the Object LOD Fade and Tree LOD Fade settings available in the Launcher options and are covered in the In-Game Settings section. In effect they determine the visible distance for buildings and trees respectively. In the Launcher they're restricted as to how high you can raise them, however here you can raise them to very high values (e.g. to =500000) and thus increase the number of buildings, objects and trees visible in the distance.

fTreeLoadDistance doesn't exist in Fallout_default.ini, the file used in New Vegas but if you load up the aforementioned Fallout_default.ini in a text editor you'll find a block named [TerrainManager] that contains the fBlockLoadDistanceLow variable along with several other interesting variables that seem to control draw distance.

fSplitDistanceMult=1.5 - This variable is the same as the Land Quality Launcher option (See In-Game Settings section). However while the Launcher slider only goes up to a value of 1.5, by raising it further here (e.g. to a value of =10), you will get a more noticeable increase in the level of detail in distant landscapes, although FPS will similarly be reduced by a noticeable amount

Experiment with these settings as you wish, but remember to back up the .ini file first. :thumbsup:

Hey there, thanks for the info I've tried it and it seems to be working fine still the mountains in the background still look glitchy but at least it's a bit better.

Thanks!

And I didn't bump it after eleven minutes, I bumped it after more then a hour.. ^^

For the mountains in the back ground you could look into a DOF (depth of field) mod which adds a haze like effect to the far mountains, and hides the...jagglies that you see flickering..

I highly suggest the Imaginator mod that allows you to change all manner of video settings ingame, including dof settings..

mod can be found here

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39619

:thumbsup:

Daynox

• 5 months later...

finally found what i was looking for -- wondering if there are more of these kind mods--------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veronica a Californian girl who lives in a hole --------- you gotta love that

• 11 years later...