No Path of Knowledge Quest

ManatoUzaki

After completing the Fate of the Skall Quest I only received the Cleansing the Stones quest from Storn and haven't been able to add the quest Via console. I'm hoping someone can point out a command or patch or something that can be done. I've tried using setstage and StartQuest commands for it but have come to no resolve. (No fun playing when Mirrak steals all the dragons souls thus halting the game.)

Welcome to the frustrating world of the Dragonborn DLC :pinch: . If you can't get it to start (setstage DLC2MQ04 10) any other way, try doing the Cleansing the Stones quest, it doesn't take that long, and see if he gives you Path of Knowledge then.

This is a good time to tell you to save often while doing the main DB questline, it's bug-ridden, especially the fight at the end.

The Quest Cleansing Stones has been done for a while now and console seems to refuse the acknowledgement of the correct format being input into it. The DLC worked seemlessly the first like... three times? Miraak isn't making the game fun anymore that is for certain. I also just tried console again to show that the input was correct but the quest wasn't added.

• 6 years later...

I'm sorry to revive this, but I thought some people would like to know a possible way to prevent this bug (I haven't found a fix). When you get to Solstheim, complete the ENTIRE main storyline of the DLC. NO side quests of ANY importance or type. I had this problem on my last character where I'd done some not main story quests on Solstheim before I got to the point where I should have gotten "Path of Knowledge", and when I made a new character I got to the point where I got the quest before I did anything else. There may be some more bugs down the line that I don't know about yet, though.

Edit: I started a new character after I made my original post and once again went through the main quest with no side quests until I completed The Fate of the Skaal. Once again, The Path of Knowledge did not start. My current character DID get The Path of Knowledge, and the only things I remember doing differently were I did not interact with the pillar near Raven Rock, and my character was under level 73 as opposed to my previous almost level 100 character (I was at 72 when I got The Path of Knowledge, but I leveled up a couple times in between arriving in Raven Rock for the first time and getting The Path of Knowledge)

Edited by Pokemonpurson