Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Hi Detectives! I'm looking for an Oblivion mod which could be a bit tricky to find.

It was either an armor or mage robes mod, but all I can remember is that it had a beautiful black hood trimmed with golden sunrays that I'd like to have for my new Battlemage build.

I'm pretty sure that it was standalone, and not part of any big modpack or clothing collection, but that's about all I can remember :/ Thx for your time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a mod that would cause "Script Effect" to show up in my list of active effects? When hovered over with the mouse it says "Ability: Ghostly Powers". See attached jpg . Something is preventing me from being able to see myself in 3rd person view. I think this is the culprit. I've removed all chameleon enchantments so that's not the issue. The effect isn't quite the same either. With chameleon the character has a slight shimmering look. Not so here. I can still just barely see the character but there is no visual effect other than near transparency. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hmm, are you using some custom race mod that makes you a ghost in some way? This is the Vanilla game's ability of ghost NPCs that's making them ghostly in appearance. Thus it's not unlikely they never bothered to give the effect a proper name. If you don't do that when you use a Script Effect for your spell or ability, then "Script Effect" will be the effect's displayed name. This ability was never meant to be affecting the player, too. It's only for ghost NPCs. That's most definitely the reason of its lack luster implementation in this regard.

I couldn't yet find any hints as for what mod it could be coming from though.

I use no custom race mods. I don't recall seeing 'script effect' in the active effects list before but perhaps that's just because I wasn't looking for anything like that till I found myself unexplainedly invisible. I thought I remembered seeing something like 'script effect' added after I activated a new mod some time ago but thought nothing of it till I noticed the current problem. I think I'll start a new game and see if I get the message again and pay closer attention to where it may be coming from. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Hello would anyone be so kind as to tell me if they know the hair within this picture thank you

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/101/images/42904-1-1350667833.jpg

I am not sure, but it looks like the hair is part of the Cobl Races (requires the Cobl Cosmetics Res 01 to be installed) in the main Cobl mod.

It's also highly recommended to let the bashed patch in Wrye Bash handle all Cobl stuff.

EDIT: I know Cobl that's hosted here is outdated, instead download the latest Cobl version on TAL.

Edited by leonardo2

• 1 month later...

Hello all! Looking for a mod I used way back in the day but haven't been able to find again. I know for sure it was on the nexus.

It was a sort of "boss tower" mod, with the hero climbing through different rooms to fight different bosses. I believe they were champions of the nine or something similar, as I remember the final boss being a golden wyvern and was called "The Aspect of Akatosh" or something like that. The bosses were all very large and kicked off those dark souls vibes. It had a lot of unique loot for each boss and it was very much endgame content. Has anyone out there used the mod or still uses it by chance?

Definitely vague but I'm shooting in the dark here, if I happen to find it of my own accord I'll update this post in case anyone was interested!

Many thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a mod I played with years ago, I can't remember a huge amount about it but basically it had a set of holy paladin/priest spells that required going on a wayshrine pilgrimage like with Knights of the Nine to unlock (It's not the speechcraft Paladin spells mod, though that is also good), there was also an unholy magic mod by the same author that featured a base that was (I think) in the Imperial City sewers.