⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

I'm about to lose my f***ing mind...

Okay so...I've been trying to install Oblivion properly for over two years now, and almost every single time I failed no matter how many times I referred to other technical ties. I have used Nexus Mod Manager, Wyre Bash, and OBMM. Nexus is usually what I used, but no matter how many times I've tried Character Overhaul 2 would just not work properly even when I had Blockhead installed first. Any time I deleted a mod it crashes on startup. At first Wyre Bash was working wonderfully until I installed a mod which completely f***ed up the camera angle. Even when I deleted the mod the effect was still there. I tried using OBMM only to get the same result of Nexus Mod Manager, wherein it kept crashing even when I only had OBSE installed. My most recent attempt was using Nexus Mod Manager and downloading the mods at the end of the sewers. With Nexus it worked, only for me to see that Character Overhaul 2 wasn't working because it said Blockhead needed to be installed even thought it said on Nexus it was. So I deactivated those two mods, and tried again...only for the game to crash on startup again. This has to been the fifteenth or twentieth time now. IS A MOD COMPATABLE GAME REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK?!!?!? This has to been the twelfth time, and I'm ready to post a rage-filled review saying that releasing Oblivion on steam was a mistake. I'm ready to go insane.

READ the Thread Title.

THIS IS A THREAD for Finding Oblivion Mods that people are trying to identify so they can download them and install them.

This isn't a tech support thread.

And if you've been trying to install mods for Oblivion for over two years and haven't managed to do it right, then you have some serious problems.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Start a new thread in the Oblivion mod Troubleshooting and we try to help you from there. The camera angle is most likely saved in your Oblivion.ini, so delete it so the game will be able to create a new one. When you make the new thread in the forum I linked to, do list all mods you use or tried to use as well and we try to sort out what is working and not working together.

Edited by Pellape

Hello everyone,

if I have a stack with at least two items in my inventar, it only shows how much one item of the stack weighs.

Is there a mod which shows the total weight of stacks?

For example I use DBs Weighted Gold Mod so gold has weight. In my inventar I have 92 gold coins but I only see the weight of one coin, it weighs 0.033 per default of the mod, but I'd like to see the total weight of 3.036 instead.

I did a check, well search for weight and almost all mods available is about reducing the weight.

So how to make a mod that works like you want it too, not that I am offering myself to do one really as I am busy with my own stuff but I can at least give you an idea how to make it your self.

If you want it visible in the inventory, will most likely require some changes to the xml in the menu section, which might be very tricky as I never done that. The tricky part with menus, if you absolutely want to see this in the inventory is that it all depends which UI you are using as it must fit as we need to make the row more wide and that might end up messy a the right side of the inventory UI and I will not experiment with it for sure and I use Darnified darker UI. I do not need to see the total weight as I use Carry all you want and like stuff to be weightless myself.

I guess a spell and a quest script is required. A spell script that activates the script in a quest as spell scripts are not best suited for making to many checks or to do heavier stuff if you ask me. But shortly, you need to check the whole inventory and make a list that pops up as message boxes with total weight for each stack. I do not know how many lines a message box is able to show, but we can figure it out if you wanna do this but I know the limit of buttons is 9. I can guide you in this progress if you make a post about that you wanna do this your self in this forum. If you wanna edit the menu xml files as well, hopefully someone that knows how to do it will be involved as well? The values from the quest script must be parced and visible in the new UI you will then need to make...

I did a check, well search for weight and almost all mods available is about reducing the weight.

Yes, I also only found mods which only change the weight of items.

So how to make a mod that works like you want it too, not that I am offering myself to do one really as I am busy with my own stuff but I can at least give you an idea how to make it your self.

If you want it visible in the inventory, will most likely require some changes to the xml in the menu section, which might be very tricky as I never done that. The tricky part with menus, if you absolutely want to see this in the inventory is that it all depends which UI you are using as it must fit as we need to make the row more wide and that might end up messy a the right side of the inventory UI and I will not experiment with it for sure and I use Darnified darker UI. I do not need to see the total weight as I use Carry all you want and like stuff to be weightless myself.

I guess a spell and a quest script is required. A spell script that activates the script in a quest as spell scripts are not best suited for making to many checks or to do heavier stuff if you ask me. But shortly, you need to check the whole inventory and make a list that pops up as message boxes with total weight for each stack. I do not know how many lines a message box is able to show, but we can figure it out if you wanna do this but I know the limit of buttons is 9. I can guide you in this progress if you make a post about that you wanna do this your self in this forum. If you wanna edit the menu xml files as well, hopefully someone that knows how to do it will be involved as well? The values from the quest script must be parced and visible in the new UI you will then need to make...

Thank you for that offer! Sounds complicated, I will have a look at xml files and may ask in the forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...