I just reset my computer because it had a lot of junk on it and it was starting to slow down. I have only downloaded the latest drivers for my GTX 970, Google Chrome, Steam, Skype, Winrar and the Nexus Mod Manager. Before I reset my PC I had no crash problems with any enb's even with 200+ mods with an exception of the usual mod crashes you get while installing them and then getting them into the right load order. The only game I have installed is Skyrim because I was at the start of a newly modded playthrough when I needed to reset the computer. However, after installing SKSE and making sure its running fine I went to go install the .277 ENB Series to use the newest updated RealVision ENB and as soon as the Bethesda logo fades away I get a CTD (Crash to Desktop). I have since installed Skyrim 3 times over and tried the same steps and have checked my enblocal.ini and made corrections to that as well, and still have the reoccurring issue. I have also tried with the .262 ENB Series and get the same issue. It seems to be a problem with the .dll with the newer ENB Series updates because I can use an old version (.119) and it works fine but to use any of the new ENB's I need to use the newer updates. I have never had this issue until I reset my PC this last time and I would appreciate any suggestions because this is starting to become a royal pain.

What do you mean by reset the computer? Do you mean you reformatted it? Did you run the installer for real vision? Do you have the required data files and ini settings correct?

I reset it to factory settings and removed everything from it including all of my files and programs, so essentially I have a clean HDD and OS. I have not even installed RealVision yet or any other mods except SKSE. What seems to be crashing is the ENB Series itself.

You have absolutely no mods installed? You're just trying to set up ENB?

No mods installed. I plan on installing all of my mods when I can get just the Base ENB working not RealVision yet but just the ENB Series. If I can get that to work then I should have no problems.

Well unfortunately I'm not very good with ENB or how it works. I was trying to help clarify the issue and I was hoping the solution would be more obvious. I can only suggest three things. Try settings bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in your skyrim prefs and try updating your windows service pack. Also if you haven't yet, make sure you set your graphics card in the enb.ini.

Well unfortunately I'm not very good with ENB or how it works. I was trying to help clarify the issue and I was hoping the solution would be more obvious. I can only suggest three things. Try settings bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in your skyrim prefs and try updating your windows service pack. Also if you haven't yet, make sure you set your graphics card in the enb.ini.

Hey thanks for the suggestions anyways, I'll keep searching and I'll go through and try everything you said.

Hey thanks for the suggestions anyways, I'll keep searching and I'll go through and try everything you said.

Derp I need to edit that, you set your gpu in your skyrim.ini lol, not enb. Don't know what I was thinking. But that happens anyway after you run the vanilla launcher. Sorry I couldn't help out more.

Edited by TheNexusLurker

Derp I need to edit that, you set your gpu in your skyrim.ini lol, not enb. Don't know what I was thinking. But that happens anyway after you run the vanilla launcher. Sorry I couldn't help out more.

No worries I new where to find it. Do you know if anything DirectX or drivers or .NET related could cause crashing?