greetings

xercky

I joined a while ago because I couldn't wait to test out this new computer and to see really great game graphics.

By a while ago I mean 3 weeks or so.

My first posts were asking for help about getting started, and though i haven't received any answers yet (lol), I think just having a place to type my thoughts out helped me to realize what I was doing better.

I'm very excited to test out mods from all you great creative folk and feel I should have at least I should say hello before I start grovelling for more simple answers.

HI!!!!

It's a pleasure meeting you all.

We support 195 games. Posting a general how to get started without knowing what you want to start doing is confusing to the reader. How to get started doing what?

One thing that may be confusing is you cannot download any games here. This is not a pirate site and we ban for using pirated games. We just have mods, but lots of mods.

Downloading mods in general?

Downloading mods using a mod manager? ( which one?)

How to get started posting in the forums?

How to get started finding mods for your game ( Which game?)

Each game has it's own set of forums, Any question relating to that game would best be asked in the forums for that specific game.

NONE of The mod managers work for every game, so you have to know what game before doing anything with a mod manager. Some games don't have a mod manager. Some games have several.

Nexus Mod Manager is the one we support. But we allow others to be used here as well. NMM supports 17 games and is about as simple as we could make it - essentially, once you have run the setup, and NMM knows where to find your games, click on the download with manager. then activate the new mod when it appears in the list.