⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Trophy room bug?

zegh8578

I delivered troll fat (ordinary troll fat, gotten from a normal non-painted troll)

I come back later, with other "ingredients" for other stuffed critters, but theres no stuffed troll.

She creates the other stuffed animals fine, but the troll remains missing, and theres obviously no dialogue left to do much of anything, and now i got this annoying empty space where the troll should be :/

anybody knows what this is all about?

any console command fixes?

First of all, make sure that you have given the taxidermist enough time. Open the console and type:

set timescale to 30

saveini

Now go outside and wait for at least 24 hours, and advance to around lunch time. Go back and see if the troll has been enabled. If not, and you don't have the dialog option for the troll, you need to find out your load order (in hex) for Battlehorn Castle -- a glance in Wrye Bash will tell you. Once you know the order, type into the console:

prid 0x00489e

enable

where 0x is the load order of BHC.

how do i figure out load order?

about the time passed, yes, because i gave her the 24 hours required, and delivered her another piece of "ingredient". if not enough time has passed, she will protest and not accept an ingredient. she accepted it, and another 24 hours passed, and she put up an ogre and a minotaur, before i realized that the troll was missing :/

btw, --00489e <---is the actual troll statue item? if so, thanx a lot, i think thats what i need, since the normal procedure for the stuffed troll has been bugged to death (somehow)

Edited by zegh8578

Yes, that is the reference of the stuffed troll statue, but like I said, you need to get the first two digits from your Battlehorn Castle esp load order. If you don't have Wrye Bash installed, the easiest way of finding your load order is to save your game to a text file. Open the console in-game and type:

save "savedump" 1

Now look in \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\ and find the file called savedump.ess.txt. Open it up and search for 'Lord Kain'. When you find that entry, you will see something like:

4A012E15 263 08000004 125 Lord Kain

The first two digits (4A in my example) is what you are looking for. You can then follow the instructions I gave before.

Yes, that is the reference of the stuffed troll statue, but like I said, you need to get the first two digits from your Battlehorn Castle esp load order. If you don't have Wrye Bash installed, the easiest way of finding your load order is to save your game to a text file. Open the console in-game and type:

save "savedump" 1

Now look in \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\ and find the file called savedump.ess.txt. Open it up and search for 'Lord Kain'. When you find that entry, you will see something like:

The first two digits (4A in my example) is what you are looking for. You can then follow the instructions I gave before.

thanx a lot. i tried guessing around, as was possible in Fallout 3, 01----, 02---, 03, eventually youll hit the right one, but from your example (and from my failure to guess:D) it seems theyre counted differently in oblivion.

anyway, thanx for the help, ima get my troll :]

save "savedump" 1

thanx a lot. i tried guessing around, as was possible in Fallout 3, 01----, 02---, 03, eventually youll hit the right one, but from your example (and from my failure to guess:D) it seems theyre counted differently in oblivion.

anyway, thanx for the help, ima get my troll :]

Cool. :thumbsup: