Merlini Magia

AurianaValoria1

Just as a note, the idea at the beginning of the RP is that these characters will be "zapped" to the same general area - a stone, sconce-lit building. I'd like them to meet up with each other fairly quickly.

While the others including myself basically followed Auri's lead with an electrifying entrance, I personally saw no harm in your character's unique entrance, Lisn; as a matter of fact, I found it to be very fascinating and well-written since it ties in so well with your character's background! :D

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok..so I noticed my dumb butt is the ONLY person that didn't arrive after getting zapped via lightning bolt. Aur, I am assuming that you are ok with how Rose got there or you would have said so? Though interference with Coyote would often flummox one as good as a bolt of lightning. *grin*

No worries, Lisn, it's fine. :D

Thanks everyone! And yeah...not much point in having a background if you aren't going to use it. :)

I have been reading some Native American stuff recently and thought it would be cool. Not wanting to get far, far into it as well..I don't know alot yet but hey...If Twain could put a Connecticut Yankee in King Author's court then I should be able to do this, right? ha ha ha

Thanks everyone! And yeah...not much point in having a background if you aren't going to use it. :smile:

I have been reading some Native American stuff recently and thought it would be cool. Not wanting to get far, far into it as well..I don't know a lot yet but hey...If Twain could put a Connecticut Yankee in King Author's court then I should be able to do this, right? ha ha ha

Hey Lisn, just thought I'd let you know, tok's laptop has pretty much expired, so you might not get much interaction from her at all for the foreseeable future. :/

***Macman253 is receiving his first official warning due to not posting within a week of his previous post.***

Mac, you have one more week to post before you're out, as per the RP rules.

If you're still taking newcomers, I'd love to join! This RP looks like a fun concept.

Name: Aaron Gates

Physical Description: Aaron is of relatively average build at 5'8" and weighing in the neighborhood of 155 pounds. Gates is relatively fit, he could run a 5k or 10k, but he wouldn't be overly impressive doing it. He has bright, piercing, blue-gray eyes, which are the most distinguishing feature of his moderately handsome face. His hair is brown with a few smatterings of golden blond closer to his ears and hair line, but the stress of business has grayed his temples somewhat and a few strands of silver appear throughout his head. His lightly tanned face shows fine laugh lines and the beginnings of crow's feet, a toll of his extremely intensive work-life.

Clothing: Aaron sports a well-pressed, black 3-piece suit with a purple button down, pocket square and argyle tie. A black tie-clip with a single gold line holds back his tie and on his wrist is a black dress watch with gold dial and accents on the band. His left hand has his wedding ring: a simple gold band.

Equipment: Black and Gold Fountain Pen - Black Ink: Jacket breast pocket. Smart phone: Front right Pocket. Wallet - 30 dollars cash, 2 debit/credit cards, a half dozen odd business cards, state of illinois driver's license, picture of wife and 2 daughters: back right pocket. Key ring - 3 door/deadbolt keys, 1 car key, 2 electric key fobs, 1 bottle opener: front left pocket. Notebook - small, black leather, unlined, half-filled, elastic band to hold closed, attached silk bookmark: front left pocket. Pocket knife - black, textured, plastic grip, 2" locking spring-assisted blade: clipped inside front left pocket.

Background: Aaron is a self-made man from rural Illinois. When growing up, he was a member of the Boy Scouts, as there wasn't much else to do around town. Through Scouting, he developed a love for the outdoors and many survival skills, going on to earn his Eagle Scout rank. Unfortunately, as he's grown older he has made less time for camping and enjoying the outdoors, as such his once sharp woodsman and survivalist skills have been reduced mostly to a core sense of adaptability and general knowledge. While in high school Aaron was heavily involved, participating in many extra-curricular activities and sports which has greatly contributed to his well-roundedness as an individual. Though a very intelligent man, he struggled greatly with College, finding it hard to focus on just one particular branch of study. Finding great joy in working with people and a lot of challenge in connecting them with their needs, Aaron decided to drop out of college and start a business. Aaron founded Zephyr Materials, a moderately sized national company, based chiefly out of Chicago, with branches in Denver and Seattle. The company focuses on 3D printable materials and their applications. Aaron's focus on business lead him to give up many of his old hobbies such as camping and card games, but he resolved himself to maintain his relationships. He married his college sweetheart and now has 2 daughters, age 6 and 8. His varied interests lend him a natural charisma, being able to converse with most anyone about most anything, however his sometimes irresistible urge to add information to a conversation, often times unnecessarily, can grate on some people. His most defining characteristics are his determination and adaptability.

Let me know if I need to change anything, and I'm sorry if the background reads a little choppy, I wasn't sure how to structure so much information in a (somewhat) concise manner.

LOL, Lisn. ;D

Approved, Zeph! Welcome aboard! :D Keep in mind the overall flavor of the way folks are being dragged to the dungeon - I'd like there to be a little consistency in that regard.

Also, we will be meeting our first main Arthurian figure, soon...and you'll notice something distinctly out of place, to put it mildly. Things are about to get crazy... :P

Awww snap! Aur be like, "Let's get the Cray Cray going!"

Sorry I was channeling my daughter.

And hey Zeph...aren't you from my real life neck of the woods? If so I say we gang up on Gwen and Mordred or who ever, and mark some solar eclipses and become LIKE GODS.

I'm kidding Aur! I swear, don't make me leave! *sobs*

Can you tell I am missing some sleep?