What should I do in Fallout 3 besides main story?

CyborgRox

So Fallout 4 isn't far away now, and I want to make sure I get as much out of Fallout 3 as possible before that time.

Now to be honest, I didn't get Fallout 3 until this summer (though I've played New Vegas already) and I've completed the main story and all the DLCs, but except for that, not really much.

I've done a few quests, like the one with Tenpenny Tower and that android person.

So what I'm wondering is, what should I do?

I'd like to do a lot more quests, and maybe some side-quests, but are there any specific locations I should check out, like vaults and that 'Oasis' I've heard so much about?

Or anything else to do for that matter?

See this page for Side Quests, Unmarked Quests and Repeatable Quests. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests

There are numerous quests that can be added through mods. There are currently 384 files listed in Fallout 3 - Quests and Adventures http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=77

You can also search "New Lands and Locations".

Edited by M48A5

See this page for Side Quests, Unmarked Quests and Repeatable Quests. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests

There are numerous quests that can be added through mods. There are currently 384 files listed in Fallout 3 - Quests and Adventures http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=77

You can also search "New Lands and Locations".

Well, I'm not really looking for huge amounts of content. I just wanna know what to prioritize.

It depends. I LOATHE Fallout 3 vanilla, for every reason NMA has ever articulated. That said, the DLC is fantastic for Fallout 3, especially if you're only going to play the game once. Anchorage I'd do first and pretty much out of the Vault and it gives amazing loot which will allow you to sail through the rest of the game and focus on the characters, stories, whatnot.

Quests worth doing:

Replicated Man

Reilly's Rangers

Stealing Independence

Tenpenny Tower (with quest mod)

Questionable: (Notice: I loathe the wacky)

Agatha's Song (unless you like a new radio station)

Superhuman Gambit

Big Trouble in Little Big Town (possibly simply because I hated anything to do with Little Lamplight which made my brain bleed)

Nuka-Cola Challenge

Blood Ties

Those!

Our Little Secret

Avoid for time:
Keller Family Refuge

Mill Worker

Economics of Violence

Jigg's Loot

Election Day

Searching for Cheryl

Lincoln's Profit Margins

It depends. I LOATHE Fallout 3 vanilla, for every reason NMA has ever articulated. That said, the DLC is fantastic for Fallout 3, especially if you're only going to play the game once. Anchorage I'd do first and pretty much out of the Vault and it gives amazing loot which will allow you to sail through the rest of the game and focus on the characters, stories, whatnot.

Quests worth doing:

Replicated Man

Reilly's Rangers

Stealing Independence

Tenpenny Tower (with quest mod)

Questionable: (Notice: I loathe the wacky)

Agatha's Song (unless you like a new radio station)

Superhuman Gambit

Big Trouble in Little Big Town (possibly simply because I hated anything to do with Little Lamplight which made my brain bleed)

Nuka-Cola Challenge

Blood Ties

Those!

Our Little Secret

Avoid for time:

Keller Family Refuge

Mill Worker

Economics of Violence

Jigg's Loot

Election Day

Searching for Cheryl

Lincoln's Profit Margins

Alright, I finished up all the side-quests (besides ''You Gotta Shoot 'em In The Head'', since my character is heroic) with my final actions being spreading Herald's spores across the wasteland, taking a long 24-hour nap, and sitting down in My Megaton House.

I'm now ready for Fallout 4.

You don't actually have to shoot Tenpenny in the head. All Crowley really cares about are the keys. Show up at Fort Constantine within three days of giving him the keys and claim the best prize in vanilla Fallout 3: the only T-51b.*

*killings may apply

• 2 weeks later...

You don't actually have to shoot Tenpenny in the head. All Crowley really cares about are the keys. Show up at Fort Constantine within three days of giving him the keys and claim the best prize in vanilla Fallout 3: the only T-51b.*

*killings may apply

Nope, you DON'T have to shoot Tenpenny in the head. Check YouTube for alternate ways to deal with the @#$%^&. Insane quantities of explosive devices being a special favourite. :wink:

And, in answer to the original question of this thread - Explore, Explore and Explore. Even without mods, there are a bunch of Quests (and other possible activities) that will present themselves..

Edited by 7thsealord