[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

behippo could you somehow do an output//_MESSAGE of numFiles before it starts extracting or a(n additional) command that'd just get the ba2extract.txt /info out instead of already extracting the files :D?

I made a little python interface for myself using the tool for my custom needs, but would love being able to fetch some pre-info.

I can ask Ian to look at that. You mainly want a file listing of what is in the BSA - what files we would extract, but not do the actual extraction?

Behippo: Will you be monitoring this thread more or the one on Beth forums?

Also might ask a mod to now move this over to the modding sub since it's setup now.

I will monitor both, but I tend to spend more time in the BGS forums traditionally. I will also ask to move to the mods forum now that it is open.

Can that extractor get a UI?

Jon at NifTools will be releasing an update that uses the same basic code to extract. So when he updates those tools you can leverage that. We don't plan to add a UI to this extractor.

Nope, confirm the 0002 isn't working for me either on Win7 64 bit.

Where is the v1?

http://f4se.silverlock.org/beta/fallout4_tools_0001.7z

Not sure why it may not be working, but hopefully this one will work for you.

Random question, how do you pronounce F4SE?

Is it ef-four-es-ee, or Fase (4 replaced by A)?

Also, how would you pronounce the other SEs?

Looks like this round will be pronounced "FASE". I thought originally it woudl be ef-four-es-ee or four-see. But you can call it however you want. In my head it is generally spelled out.

SKSE is usually talked about spelled out es-kay-es-ee. But in my head it is "scuzzy". Folks on the BGS forums wanted to call it "sexy". Pick your own.

NVSE is pretty much always spelled out.

FOSE is usually "fozzy".

OBSE is either spelled out or call obb-see.

As long as you folks use and enjoy them, call them whatever you want.

And now I shoud apologize to the mods. I am used to the BGS forums where reporting a post is the best way to get the mod's attention about it. As I fired off my report of the first post I noticed the big "please only report objectionable content" notice. Guess I need to find another way to communicate with the moderators. Such a noob. :)

Interface .swf however are not working as loose files. Tried a quick edit of main menu and it doesn't work.Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 version is used instead and without getting game to load custom interface files there is no way to make interface fit to some non-game-standard ratios. Edited by koloses

I tried that one but the .dds files wouldn't open in Photoshop. I have them all extracted now using the command line one here.

@Koloses,

You need to set the game to load loose files in the Fallout4.ini

[Archive]

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, Textures\, Meshes\, Interface\