A/some decent furry race/s?

flubing

Nexus really should have some feature for "supporting" mod requests, so that you can clearly mark which mods you think should be made. the Amount of "supports" a mod request had recieved would then be a better inidcator for demand than something like thread views or replies. But since we don't have that, I'm just going to leave a reply saying I would like to have a mod like this.

EDIT: By the way, I personally think that if a furry race for a Fallout game is made, the most fitting species to base it on would be a rat, in my opinion. I'll post a copy-paste of my reasoning on this topic from a previous discussion:

I think that rats would seem more at home in the world of Fallout than something like foxes or wolves. Not that wolves or foxes don’t exist in the Wasteland, I’m sure they do, but they(particularly foxes) are more associated with the green forest, with fables, they almost have more of a fantasy kind of association going on. So something like a canine race would probably work better in the Elder Scrolls than in Fallout. The stories of Fallout don’t actually have a much more civilized setting than that of the Elder Scrolls, thus wild nature is a big part of both the worlds. But what separates them is that Fallout is still associated more directly with our modern world more so than TES, I think that things in Fallout have to feel more familiar than things in TES have to, and people think of foxes and wolves as something separated from civilization. That’s a reason why I think rats work better, because even though Fallout doesn’t actually have much civilization left, we still feel as if though it’s closer to civilization in some sense, thus urban animals fit better, I think.

Fallout is also more dystopian than TES, whilst TES has its fair share of monster, that world is supposed to feel pretty and peaceful in a way I don’t think the Fallout world does. The wasteland is filled mostly with unpleasant creatures and ghastly mutants. For that reason I think that rats fit in there better than something like foxes, because whilst they are hunters, foxes do have some positive associations of being uplifting and somewhat likable, whereas rats are again more associated with a lowly and terrible kind of world. The nasty human traits we tend to project onto rats would help them fit in better with the scavengers and chem-junkies of the Wasteland, better than other critters.

Rats are also associated with adaptability, scavenging, and an unclean living, which matches the wasteland pretty well. They’re also associated with experimentation and deformity, so accepting an anthropomorphic rat might not be as hard as accepting an anthropomorphic canine.

Rats are also more capable of bipedalism and using their paws for manipulation than most animals, another reason why anthropomorphizing them wouldn't be as jarring, relatively speaking.

And finally I also think there’d be a kind of very fitting poetic irony to there being human-like rats in the Fallout Wasteland. Rats are seen as the lowest of vermin, living beneath our proud civilization. However, with that civilization destroyed in the world of Fallout, we have thus in our folly destroyed that which made us feel above the rats, so changing rats to be more like humans would serve as a kind of symbol of our new status. The ascension of the animal would help emphasize the downfall of man.

Edited by abborre

• 3 months later...

Rats and Raccoons would be the obvious choices, yeah. Modern urban raccoons are evolving to be .. social, though their system irl at the moment is still at the primitive "big + butt-kicky + elder = boss" level of society. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere. (And one might expect their advancing societies to be mostly sex-segregated, with communities getting together in the spring.)

I've also been seeing some interesting stuff on bears lately (walking almost habitually, and quite easily, it seems, on two legs. Also see the story of Voytek - a brown bear who was a bona fide member of the Allied forces (had his own serial number, paybook, and achieved the rank of corporal). Famous for bravely hauling ammunition on the front lines (without ever dropping a box or shell), he was also credited for catching a spy lurking about the bathhouse he liked to hang around (he knew how to work the taps.) The other soldiers considered him just another hard-drinkin' (he liked beer), hard-smokin' (yes, he smoked), hard-fightin', hair-growin' soldier, who would march alongside everyone else - on two legs.

But still, we don't have one.

Bethesda, please keep us poor souls in mind for your next Fallout game (I expect TES be always be easier, with the Khajiit and Argonians). I don't need rude body parts, I just need to morph myself from a human. But for some reason, it seems easier to get the rude body parts. :tongue: I don't use your silly "romance" BS anyway, I don't need some dating sim from you.

Edited by BamboMooselini

Rats and Raccoons would be the obvious choices, yeah. Modern urban raccoons are evolving to be .. social, though their system irl at the moment is still at the primitive "big + butt-kicky + elder = boss" level of society. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere. (And one might expect their advancing societies to be mostly sex-segregated, with communities getting together in the spring.)

There was actually a cut location from Fallout 1 that was a town/camp/settlement/burrow of intelligent raccoons. The art makes them look vaguely like Ewoks. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/S%27Lanter

So, you know, semi-lore friendly.

Edited by jkruse05