telemutant

This issue with doing this kind of mod for Fallout 4 is the animations would need a complete overhaul, for example when you walk backward without a weapon drawn your character model turns around, so there's no backward walking animation, and it would also need a script to handle PA usage and vertibird flight.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is with the camera setup, but moreso the models.

In order to pull this off,

You have to be in third person at all times,

and redirect the 1st person camera handling to do "3rd Person Camera Handling Type B" instead of 1st person altogether.

It would mostly work, it just hasn't been invented...

Best case scenario would be no change in FOV.

I have ini settings that are about as immersive as it gets with what is available.

Don't recall what does what anymore, or how I got it this way, but it almost "works"...

But there is most often a half-hitch into and out of 1st & 3rd.

So you still cannot see the body, shadowcast, etc.

Meanwhile, the obvious problem lay in first person because you momentarily see from inside the head, eyelashes, mouth, etc...

The model comes without a head already, so it shouldn't be too hard to turn the head/parts off if the camera is in that certain spot.

• 8 months later...

WOW!!! 8 months since the last post before today's.

It's a crying shame that nobody's been able to do this effectively. I love the Skyrim version. Been using that one for years.

Now if someone'll forgive my ignorance, how come it can't be done in Fallout, but was possible in Skyrim? I'm not much of a modder, this is an honest question.

It's a crying shame that nobody's been able to do this effectively. I love the Skyrim version. Been using that one for years.

Now if someone'll forgive my ignorance, how come it can't be done in Fallout, but was possible in Skyrim? I'm not much of a modder, this is an honest question.

As far as I understand it, Skyrim handles animations and camera stuff in a slightly different way.

Everybody always says "skyrim and fallout 4 have the same engine so why does mod XYZ not exist for fallout 4", but in reality there are some pretty big differences between skyrim and fallout 4.

And Skyrim has been around for a longer time then Fallout 4.

And more people are/were interested in Skyrim then in Fallout 4, that means more people are trying to create mods for Skyrim. (sad but true)

And the people who have to skills to do things like this are busy working on their own mods.

As far as I understand it, Skyrim handles animations and camera stuff in a slightly different way.

Everybody always says "skyrim and fallout 4 have the same engine so why does mod XYZ not exist for fallout 4", but in reality there are some pretty big differences between skyrim and fallout 4.

And Skyrim has been around for a longer time then Fallout 4.

And more people are/were interested in Skyrim then in Fallout 4, that means more people are trying to create mods for Skyrim. (sad but true)

And the people who have to skills to do things like this are busy working on their own mods.

Thanks for the reply.

It's no secret that TES is Bethesda's baby. Always has been and always will be.Fallout is a popular series, but not on the level of TES.