unite or not  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be a option to united the factions against the insitution or other factions.

When I stop to think of it, given environmental factors and the quality of Communications would be really, really hard to maintain Quality Assurance over the widely scattered chapters. Then too, the BoS really is limited by a quite small population. Unless the BoS members breed faster than rabbits and other prolific rodents, they would be assured of a rapidly shrinking membership. Which strongly suggests that recruiting (competent, capable, and highly qualified) locals would quickly become required to keep the ranks filled.

Dialogues suggest that they are indeed recruiting or maybe even drafting people into their ranks on the East coast. And probably only because of absolute necessity.

Dialogues suggest that they are indeed recruiting or maybe even drafting people into their ranks on the East coast. And probably only because of absolute necessity.

Yeah, Maxon seems to have, for the most part, adopted the best elements of both Brotherhoods. He genuinely wants to help (even if he's kinda heavy handed about it) and isn't as puritanical as the (probably wiped out or at least fractured) East Coast brotherhood, but he also has that dogged military mentality and goal-driven attitude.

Which makes sense, since he idolised Lyons, but also saw what happened when you tried to save everyone. Remember, the Brotherhood in Fallout 3 is on its last legs. It's not the unstoppable army that marched through the Pitt and slaughtered half the mutants in the city in a single night. It's a ragged, exhausted group bleeding its self dry on charity work when no one really cares. The Maxon didn't just shut the Brotherhood in and try to ignore everything like the Elders out West did, and that he managed to turn them into the closest thing we've seen to a nation on the East Coast, is impressive.

Frankly, while i was uneasy towards them to start, Maxon is probably the best thing that's happened to the Brotherhood since his ancestor founded them. I'm sorta hoping for a king-Arthur reclaims the throne story with him in future DLC...

Yeah, Maxon seems to have, for the most part, adopted the best elements of both Brotherhoods. He genuinely wants to help (even if he's kinda heavy handed about it) and isn't as puritanical as the (probably wiped out or at least fractured) East Coast brotherhood, but he also has that dogged military mentality and goal-driven attitude.

Which makes sense, since he idolised Lyons, but also saw what happened when you tried to save everyone. Remember, the Brotherhood in Fallout 3 is on its last legs. It's not the unstoppable army that marched through the Pitt and slaughtered half the mutants in the city in a single night. It's a ragged, exhausted group bleeding its self dry on charity work when no one really cares. The Maxon didn't just shut the Brotherhood in and try to ignore everything like the Elders out West did, and that he managed to turn them into the closest thing we've seen to a nation on the East Coast, is impressive.

Frankly, while i was uneasy towards them to start, Maxon is probably the best thing that's happened to the Brotherhood since his ancestor founded them. I'm sorta hoping for a king-Arthur reclaims the throne story with him in future DLC...

It's very doubtful that any DLC will feature the 3 main factions since you can be hostile with all of them.

DLC for FO4 will likely be of a similar thread to FO3's DLC. All of them being mostly an aside to the main story without any real connection.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the America that existed before the war and which was the basis of mentality for both the BoS and the Enclave is very different from the real world America in this day and age. The pre-war America was heavily nationalistic, paranoid of anything foreign, very militaristic. I almost wish they extended the prologue out a bit longer so that they player is made more aware of how different the pre-war culture is and how superficial that feeling of a peaceful morning is. You get some of this from the television and some of the side comments, but the scripted events happen almost too quickly for most to realize it.

It's very doubtful that any DLC will feature the 3 main factions since you can be hostile with all of them.

DLC for FO4 will likely be of a similar thread to FO3's DLC. All of them being mostly an aside to the main story without any real connection.

Well, aside from the final one, which basically overwrite using the FEV to kill all mutants and then progresses straight from the moment you 'die' activating Project Purity.

But I agree... And it's one reason I've never liked Multiple Ending games. It's bad for series development and makes reusing NPCs complicated, provided you don't just out and invalidate the choice after the fact. Fallout 4 is troublesome to work around, but its still a bit better than New Vegas was...

What Institute is bad guys? Wtf?!

Human experimentation, other questionable experimentation, replacing humans with their synths to control the population, murder

Don't forget wiping out settlements also. Not to mention, the Institute's Synths will attack your own settlements, too.

Interesting points on Elder Maxson.

Disregarding his very fiery dialogue, you have to look at the Brotherhood's history since the close of FO3 and leading into their arrival in the Commonwealth with FO4.

On top of the things you said, you have to look at the state of the East Coast BOS when the Prydwen arrives in FO4. Replenished membership, still superbly equipped, a mobile base of operations (Prydwen), and Vertibirds, something they lacked in FO3, FONV. Not only do they have Vertibirds, they have LOTS of them. He had also pursuaded the Outcasts to come back into the fold. Granted, Maxson was not the only Elder since the senior Elder Lyons' passing. Sarah Lyons served as Elder also as well as others before Maxson.

Regarding Sarah Lyons

I was kind of sad to find out she had been killed in combat when she became Elder. I knew something was up when I found out the BOS group in FO4 was the very same group that was from The Citadel. I was hoping to see Sarah Lyons as Elder but was surprised to see Maxson instead. Even more so when you know the little history between Sarah Lyons and Maxson when he was a kid when you found him in FO3.

Definately, i think there is just 1 really impossible alliance though, Railroad-Boss, they have absolutely nothing in common and I do not see any possible mutual grounds or threat big enough for them to try and form an alliance.

Rest should have been possible at least (very) short term.

Minutemen-insitute it's mostly hear say and speculation with only a few people having more viable evidence. If the institute is capable of changing their view about the commonwwealth people and actually help them in a visible way instead of loosing touch with the outside world and making plans underground. I see a way they can cooperate at least shortterm and perhaps long term to. Create understanding what synths are, why and show the benefits and work together. If the people know who and what synths are they can help the institute keep them in line while rebuilding. But as said the institute would need to take some massive decissions.

Minutemen-Railroad most obvious, Railroad needs the institute destroyed, minutemen need the kidnappings to stop and replacement of people by synths. The way BOS views synths and the way they regard the commonwealth inhabitants and go around killing without regard to get their goals is mutual ground for minutemen and railroad to get rid of them.

Minutemen-BoS BoS takes care of the ghouls and supermutants while minutemen focus on protecting settlements from raiders. They help BoS with the knowledge they have of the commonwealth finding tech and BoS makes sure not to bother the locals. They work together only to destroy the institute and the railroad. Tech destroyed is BoS happy, no more Synths and abductions is minutemen/comonwealth happy. Would be more of an avoid each other as much as possible afterwards truce then a real alliance.

BoS-Institute here's a very interesting one. Institute research could benefit BoS hugely but shake BoS beliefs to the core. If they can change their bigotry about tech being bad, pointing out clearly that without that very same tech they would absolutely be nobodies, i see them working with the institute. Synth BoS soldiers, programmed for one job only, unquestionably following orders, has to be a BoS wet dream. Institute tech is far from pre war tech and set on rebuilding not on destruction which could be enough for BoS to see the difference and make an alliance......

Railroad-Institute Would be a very shortlived alliance but not unimagineble if BoS becomes to big of a threat for any one to stand a chance alone. I can see them joining forces. Straight afterwards they'd be at each others throat again though very probably.

On top of the things you said, you have to look at the state of the East Coast BOS when the Prydwen arrives in FO4. Replenished membership, still superbly equipped, a mobile base of operations (Prydwen), and Vertibirds, something they lacked in FO3, FONV. Not only do they have Vertibirds, they have LOTS of them. .

The fallout timeline interestingly suggests that the Brotherhood has used such airships previously.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2254

And that he had indeed reconnected with the Western chapter.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline#2283

Which explains the airship and fleet of vertibirds.