Power Armor Drop

Sekireigan

Hi,

Started the game a few days ago, and quickly found annoying that you have to cross half the map to get your power armor suit when you need. Keeping it in inventory obviously doesn't make sense.

So I thought... Why not having it dropped directly to your location? Titanfall-style! And then picked up when you don't need it anymore, huh?

So, the way I see it, to keep it lore-friendly, that would request a quest of some sort to convince a vertibird pilot to run these drops for you.

That would be, like, the best option for a mod like this.

Now, obviously, I understand that kind of mod is nothing easy, and will probably have to wait until the official modkit release.

But, I figured it was a fun idea, so I'll just drop that here, and if at any point a modder feels like getting to work on it, I wish them luck and send my gratitude.

I can get behind this idea. I wish I were a modder now so I could get to work on this. Please can we have someone competent in modding games get on this asap? To keep it lore friendly and keep it so that the vertibird does not drop your prized power armor in a combat area to be hijacked by hostiles, either, drop it sans fusion core, or have it able to have a companion assigned to the power armor to drop in it and clear out all hostiles then once they are gone and there is no danger from hostiles hijacking your power armor they climb out or can be commanded to get out and make their way back to base. Leaving you there with your power armor.

Edited by Reiyichi

Okay, this has already been posted multiple times. Like, a lot. If someone were able to figure out how to do it I'm sure it would have been done by now.

I've already tried messing with the idea for one of my own mods. This one: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4365/?

The thing is, it seems like we need either scripting or the GECK. I can't even figure out, through just FO4Edit, how to get vertibird/synth grenades working. I'm about 95% sure it's controlled by script or by something that hasn't been decoded in FO4Edit