[LE] Updating mod on Steam Workshop

retroth97

Hello,

I want to update my mod on Steam Workshop. However, when I upload it using Skyrim Creation Kit it creates second item instead of updating already existing one. Title, tags and picture are the same, only description is different because I can't put Polish signs in it. I looked on the Internet and I searched this forum but apparently nobody had this issue. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Its because when you upload an item to steam it creates a file in your data folder (can't remember what since its been a while) if; like me; you deleted it because you thought it was worthless when you go to update it won't reconize the mod and will upload as a new one. You need to keep those files in your data folder to overwrite your old mod.

As far as I've seen no. Since Steam removed their upload limit; it seems that the file it creates has some stored data in it which allows the workshop to recognize the mod. The only thing I could have done was delete the old mod and re-upload as if it was new.

When I did it I put a notice on the old mod with a 2 week notice that directs people to the new mod and after the time limit past I deleted the old version.

Get in contact with the SkyUI Author or EnaiSiaion. Both of them have run into this issue in the past and have come up with solutions for it that allow you to fix it.

I very likely may have also posted the solution to the Steam Workshop discussion boards at some stage so you can see if you can find that via Google

Edited by Nazenn

• 1 year later...