Tutorial: Softening Leliana In Your Save Game (In HEX! It's Easy!)

flairtorc

I'm not sure if your still around, but I'm desperate, so I'm going to ask.

Firstly, thank you for posting this, this is the solution i have been looking for. However, i'm not really sure how to do it. I have no experience in this whatsoever, and when I try to follow the steps I encounter a few issues, whereby I'm not sure what i'm actually doing. I'm sorry for asking but this stuff is far out of my level of experience, and I really don't want to have to loose months of play because of that one missed encounter.

1. Firstly, this may seem like a dumb question, but does it matter what save file I choose?

2. Next, In the first step, with the DAI save game editor, do I actually replace anything in it, or do I just search for the lines

45FE541FAFB6B54CA1D6C9143209017E,BOOL,DAO/Class/Warrior?

0A1A5BF0A764264EB067A4F6E3BD016A,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Morrigan?

79CF236575D34940A7CF12865342012E,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Leliana?

F12631D0508FE54ABA1EB6F3683A01E0,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Alistair?)

to make sure they are there and editable?

3. Next, In the hex workshop I am completely lost. So I follow the steps, open the save file, and find 45FE541FAFB6B54CA1D6C9143209017E then I click the block shift right button and nothing happens except it selects some lines, and some of the values change, but no loading happens like the tutorial said. Furthermore, after this I have no idea what to do next, the tutorial says for me to find something again, is this the same thing i looked for before (45FE541FAFB6B54CA1D6C9143209017E) ? How many times do I do this? What about the other editable lines? And what do you mean by tallying how many times I do this?

Pretty much I need instructions for someone who has absolutely no knowledge whatsoever in code, DAI save editor, or hex workshop.

Any help would be appreciated, I am extremely lost. I'm very far through the game, and have reached Leliana's personal quest only to realize, she is forever hardened because I missed that one encounter at practically the start of the game in Haven. I really don't want to have to load back and loose months of play.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if your still around, but I'm desperate, so I'm going to ask.
Firstly, thank you for posting this, this is the solution i have been looking for. However, i'm not really sure how to do it. I have no experience in this whatsoever, and when I try to follow the steps I encounter a few issues, whereby I'm not sure what i'm actually doing. I'm sorry for asking but this stuff is far out of my level of experience, and I really don't want to have to loose months of play because of that one missed encounter.
1. Firstly, this may seem like a dumb question, but does it matter what save file I choose?
2. Next, In the first step, with the DAI save game editor, do I actually replace anything in it, or do I just search for the lines
45FE541FAFB6B54CA1D6C9143209017E,BOOL,DAO/Class/Warrior?
0A1A5BF0A764264EB067A4F6E3BD016A,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Morrigan?
79CF236575D34940A7CF12865342012E,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Leliana?
F12631D0508FE54ABA1EB6F3683A01E0,BOOL,DAO/Romance/Alistair?)
to make sure they are there and editable?
3. Next, In the hex workshop I am completely lost. So I follow the steps, open the save file, and find 45FE541FAFB6B54CA1D6C9143209017E then I click the block shift right button and nothing happens except it selects some lines, and some of the values change, but no loading happens like the tutorial said. Furthermore, after this I have no idea what to do next, the tutorial says for me to find something again, is this the same thing i looked for before (45FE541FAFB6B54CA1D6C9143209017E) ? How many times do I do this? What about the other editable lines? And what do you mean by tallying how many times I do this?
Pretty much I need instructions for someone who has absolutely no knowledge whatsoever in code, DAI save editor, or hex workshop.
Any help would be appreciated, I am extremely lost. I'm very far through the game, and have reached Leliana's personal quest only to realize, she is forever hardened because I missed that one encounter at practically the start of the game in Haven. I really don't want to have to load back and loose months of play.

Alright, lets see if we can help you.

1. It does and it doesn't. You can use any save file you want, but it would still be preferable to make a separate save just for monkeying around with.

2. You basically search those lines out and figure out which ones are false. In this game, there are two ways for something to be false, and one way to be true. To be true, your value has to be... true. To be false, you have to be either False, or not exist. That's why Leliana hardens by default. If you miss an encounter, the value is never generated, and is therefore considered false. (Which is silly if you ask me.)

3. Three is difficult. It shows how much experience with this sort of thing you have, and it shows you've very little. You have two choice, I'm willing to do either. Your first choice is to have me make a VERY detailed version of the guide, while this is not preferable, I am willing to do it as I know the felling of losing a lot in a game and is the whole reason I spent the time I did piecing this together. The second choice, being the more preferable one, is you friend me on either Steam/Skype or Discord, and I walk you though it. You can find those by clicking my profile photo, as they are within my profile info.

I shall allow you to choose, though, depending upon when you respond, I may be sleeping, as I have just returned from my night shift and need to sleep soon.

I shall await your response.

Also I am editing the front page so that everyone knows. I have a rule in my email that AUTOMATICALLY pushes ANY alert about this post to the top of my inbox that is broadcasted to ALL MY EMAILS. Everyone is free to ask for help, I am alllllllwaaaays watching.... allllllwaaaays watching.

Edited by flairtorc

Wow, I was honestly not expecting any reply, and to not only get a reply, but to have gotten it within less than a day, just wow, thank you! Firstly, I must apologies for my lack of knowledge, and I'm so sorry for troubling you, and thank you for offering to help.

Right as for the method of your assistance, I don't mind either way, but seeing as you inclined your preference I will of course do that, (I don't want to be a bother to you). So i will friend you on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/FanDidly <--- Assuming this is you), whereby you can walk me through it whenever you wish. And again, thank you!

@Azula117

I have accepted your request and sent you a message.

I'm at work but I've got steam chat open at the moment, while I can't do much I can still confirm it's you.

• 1 month later...

so, im feeling really dense right now. Is the value for lelliana not killing the traitor supposed to be in my save file from the beginning if i visited her and just chose the say nothing option? Also, Can i do this if i am not yet at skyhold? I am trying to get this figured out before i go any further if i have to reset. 30hours is more than enough to loose haha.

alright, i figured some of it out now i think, new question before i save and close it all up, Do i have to change all 4 values or can i just change the first one with the traitor since thats the only part ive missed or even been to yet?

I just finished making the changes, after reading the guide for the 10 thousandth time something clicked and it got a lot more clear, i changed all 4 values and used the ones you did except i romanced morrigan instead of leliana. should i be set considering i haven't even made it to skyhold yet?

Edited by tahme612

alright, i figured some of it out now i think, new question before i save and close it all up, Do i have to change all 4 values or can i just change the first one with the traitor since thats the only part ive missed or even been to yet?

I just finished making the changes, after reading the guide for the 10 thousandth time something clicked and it got a lot more clear, i changed all 4 values and used the ones you did except i romanced morrigan instead of leliana. should i be set considering i haven't even made it to skyhold yet?

Okay, gonna answer both your questions. I am unsure of your exact situation so I would like to get a handle on it.

What are you currently experiencing in game? Did you speak to Leliana and have the traitor killing event? Or did you miss it? If you had the event, you should be able to just change the value of the event to the desired outcome to keep her from going coo coo. Otherwise you will have to use the entire guide to get through adding in the values required to keep her from going over the fence. Basically, in order to be sure that Leliana doesn't ruin your game you have to make sure all the values are the same as I have shown.

• 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for your guide. I'm curious why Leliana's softening hexes aren't included in the saved file? If it is included, we can change it directly via DAI Save Editor. right?

Btw, how many times do you Block Shifting? I'm on my 6th and still no string found.

Edited by djangosteen

Hi, thanks for your guide. I'm curious why Leliana's softening hexes aren't included in the saved file? If it is included, we can change it directly via DAI Save Editor. right?

Btw, how many times do you Block Shifting? I'm on my 6th and still no string found.

The sad thing about this game is that it doesn't generate it's plot points until you've experienced them, but if you plainly miss an event, it counts it as a False plot flag as the flag doesn't exist.

When block shifting, be sure to search for something you know your game has. The ones I provide should always work. You can obviously use ones different than the ones I used in my tutorial example. Also, always be sure to go back to the beginning of the file before searching for the string again. When it comes to how many time you need to block shift. It can be anywhere from 1 to whofreakingknows. If you have any other issues, be sure to state them and I will try to assist in any way I can.

Hi there.

I'm about to start giving this a shot.

100 hours in.

I have literally finished every side quest, and am about to finally finish the main bits.

Then this. xD

Will update my Post once I'm done.

But posting first to let you know that, if I am not wrong, having the conversation with Leliana in Haven but remaining silent results in CE01323A17870C4E95283D747263019A NOT being created.

At least, it didn't for me.

Update: Oh thank goodness! It worked!

Thanks OP.

And ricco19, if you are out there, THANK YOU!

So, mine was 6 shifts, in case people were wondering how many it might take.

Question though.

CE01323A17870C4E95283D747263019A = Leliana did not kill agent

But what are the other 3?

And why did we have to add the last 2, since they are set to False?

Would the game not have considered them False regardless?

No harm, seeing as how what I replaced is, by DAI code, still set as FALSE.

I'm just really curious what those 3 flags are.

Edited by rollin340