stop auto-facing-forward when stop moving

spacedmonk

if u look on Yukl's 360 Walk and Run Plus page, look at his POSTS section, there is a number of us wondering if its possible to stop our characters from automatically facing forward when we stop moving. we would like our characters, when they stop moving, to remain facing the direction they were moving. is this possible? anyone willing to help? PWEEEZZ!!! :3

Bumping this.

I know this is likely to necessitate the expertise of the handful of folks who truly understand Skyrim anim events (Fore et al). For me personally, with it being 2016, this is almost certainly THE biggest remaining missing ingredient to a Skyrim experience I can truly enjoy from beginning to end. Every other major ingredient I could think of has either now been finished, or I made the mod myself.

The face-away-from-the-camera flaw is beyond me. It doesn't just happen when you stop moving; it also happens if you've rotated the camera around the character for a better look at their face, and then begin moving - the character faces forward instantly before proceeding to rotate to whatever direction you're trying to move. It is like the game is saying, "You can't win."

Please, somebody, prove it wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

This problem has nothing to do with the camera. The reason why the player auto facing forward when stop moving is because the mt_idle animation is being used. To fix this problem, we need to make a mod so that a different idle animation would be used every time the player stop moving from running backward,

We need something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/sS5hfbk.jpg

On the 360 walk run mod page someone posted this

from my understanding this is a video of a guy showing a camera setup he made to be "like" skyrim. So im no sure, but this is not necessarily a camera setup FROM skyrim. and ive never used blender, but from watching this video it reminded me of the hammer editor which i have used. so in that video it looks like just a bunch of objects or whatever, parented to eachother with different functions programmed into them. if there was a way to bring up "SKYRIM'S" camera setup in blender, maybe its just a matter of finding the object that has function that is forcing the character to snap forward when it plays this mt_idle and disabling it. i know u said its not a camera thing, but just throwing ideas out there. :3

ok sorry about this. thought about it some more, and I can see what u mean it being an animation thing and not a camera thing. hmmm

but u sure theres nothing in the skyrim camera setup that could be causing this?

heck if I could download blender and open up skyrims camera settings I'd take a look myself. hmmm

Edited by spacedmonk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...