Off the Wall Personal Mod Req. -- a Shield. a patriotic Shield

PoppaSmirk

Published the mod, available at http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9871/?

Ohhh...I know I can't play much tonight since its already 10 P.M. ..but..... I gotta try it out. Thank you beforehand on all the fantastic work. I will come back and give a detailed review here....and on the mod page *grin*

This is a fantastic thread. I personally would lean more toward using a riot shield, aesthetically (and I'd LOVE to see some raider psychos charging me with trash can lid shields!), but your work looks beautiful, incredible, Junnari. And good job planting the seed, Poppa. :)

This discussion made me think of the way the talisman shields in Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning work -- they're not visible until activated with the use of the block button, at which point you basically trigger a forward-facing forcefield in place of a regular shield. I guess it's not so different from the Star Trek shields, either. Could be an interesting way of doing some shield mods, particularly for Institute NPCs.

I suspect melee will be getting some major, major overhauls in the next year. How could it not?

Just a bounce back to the forums with comments on the MOD that Junnari created from my humble idea. Well, I am totally impressed. My idea became a real MOD and it looks and works great. I have one clipping issue but I expected that ahead of time from Junnaris notes. I'm not worried about the minor clipping issue (metal right armor shoulder pad clips top of shield slightly when held). The Shield isn't throwable, but really I wasn't looking for that as part of the workup for the shield.

The Shield is upgradeable,, which I love. I enjoy having to do 'some work' to have a really satisfying piece of equipment. The quest to acquire the Shield was short (took me slightly over an hour and a half), but I think some other players could finish the Quest in an hour. The visuals are stunning. I am totally in awe of how good Junnari made the shield textures.

If I had one single parting request, It might be that in a future update there might be an option that the shield can be used as defense in left hand, and a one handed ranged weapon (pistol, laser, alien gun, etc) could be used in the right hand.

But as it stands now I am totally loving the ability to give the smackdown to the faces of the enemies of the Commonwealth..... Patriotic Style ! lol