FO4Edit Question: How to Remove Keywords

OlrunZaal

This should be a simple answer. How do I make an override .esp delete files from the master .esm? I am mainly looking for how to remove keywords, after redirecting the Constructible Object to the new keyword.

Also, where could I have gone to look up such a simple question? What's the best xEdit manual to peruse? Or is there a searchable database somewhere with more visual learning tools?

Thanks in advance.

Pertaining to keywords, no, there's no proper training manual. And instead of making a new override plugin, you could simply delete the initial mod's keywords and replace them with the vanilla ones or whatever else you need. I have a tutorial on Lore Friendly Posters about how to port it to SK.. should help you :)

i don't quite understand what you want to do - once you've added an override, that takes the place of the original, so far as the game is concerned. you wouldn't want to actually 'delete' a keyword in any case - if you've missed any references to it, the game is likely to crash (it REALLY doesn't like null calls) and if you haven't, well, there's no need - the keyword is simply not referenced, and so has no impact on play.

if you'd give some idea of what you're trying to do, maybe we could help more?

I read the keyword count is based on total keywords - used or unused. I also read NovaCoru's (Homemaker) comments on updating his mod with a Settlement Keyword patch and having it delete the Keywords to avoid contributing to FormList cap. Instead of changing the primary mod(s), I am attempting to write an override patch that deletes the Keywords from usage as NovaCoru mentioned. The goal is to allow the original mods to update and me only having to update the override patch with update changes, instead of the entire mod.

Ethreon, that is a very good guide. I still do not understand why we replace the FormID List with redundant information from the master (SK). If the original FormID is something I understand and know its function I just delete the FormID and reference the ones needed in OBJs from Masters. Working just fine and saves me some time. I suppose you could put them in and remove the master/slave relationship. Is there another purpose to duplicating the FormID List? Where is a good place to go look up all the uses of the FormID List to learn more about it, please? Keywords, too, its been nagging me that I cannot find where in FO4 the hard cap is referenced... I have been wanting to look at the origin of the problem and how its coded.

I really appreciate you guys help. Makes learning a lot easier and more fun with other decent folks involved in the process.

FLST will be needed for bigger mods that use that method. Other mods just create statics and then link them to cobj, while vanilla game creates objects, then links them to FLST, then links FLST to COBJ. Advantage - less COBJ. Disadvantage - lots of FLST when you got 2-3 similar objects and not a lot.

Anyway, you can delete FLST as well, I just wanted to preserve mod's format with minor changes. What you want to do is load HM, then right click it's keywords, copy as override into a new plugin. In the new plugin, change the keywords to what you want. Then copy FLST and COBJ and redo the references for all KWRD you deleted. This is pretty much what Nova did, but she just set the extra keywords to hidden instead of deleting them.